Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple issues with pc

Options
  • 02-12-2015 8:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭

Everytime I play BF4 I get the following error "Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered".

I followed the instructions from microsoft, by changing the registery. I have the latest drivers. I ran the game in lowest graphics and I have optimised the settings via NVIDIA GeForce Experience. But nothing has worked.

My next step is to format the HD. I have a second SSD which I have installed windows 7 on, but this has created further problems. As with any format I do, I download all the drivers I need for the install. Unfortunately my computer does not recognise the wireless dongle, despite installing the latest drivers. The graphics card is not recognised and the drivers fail to install. I think the message is something along the lines of "Drivers could not be installed". I tried a custom install, full install, system reset etc.

I would like to continue with the new os but I am completely stuck. Any help is much appreciated.

Computer specs:

Intel i5 2500k
    8 gig gskills 1600 ram
    Asus p67 pro3
    Nvidia 660ti gpu
    Samsung ssd 120 gig (original os installed)
    Samsung ssd 250 gig (new os installed)
    Hdd 1tb backup drive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

You tried completely uninstall all traces of your display drivers and do a clean install?

That worked for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

You tried completely uninstall all traces of your display drivers and do a clean install?

That worked for me.

On the new SSD the drivers failed to install and the computer doesnt recognise the graphics card. I rebuilt the pc from scratch and cleaned the pc from dust. Will give it a go today to see if it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

On the new SSD the drivers failed to install and the computer doesnt recognise the graphics card. I rebuilt the pc from scratch and cleaned the pc from dust. Will give it a go today to see if it works.

Did you clean install windows on the SSD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

So I uninstalled the traffic drivers and reinstalled them on the original SSD. I still get the error but not as often.

On the new SSD the install was a fresh install. I still cannot find the wireless network or the graphics card. I changed an option in the settings to find networks. This didn't work. Will download new drivers and see if that works. I will also take a screenshot of the errors in the device manager so you have a better idea. Thanks for the help so far :)

Advertisement