Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy android box in Limerick?

• 02-12-2015 9:20am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Anyone stocking these?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

bigpink wrote: »
    Anyone stocking these?

Just ordered one myself fully loaded off adverts.ie from a place in Drogheda.

A few of the computer repair places sell them in town but a couple of friends bought off them and had problems, for example having to set up from scratch themselves and none of the apps would install. I'll let you know how I get on with the one off adverts. Seem to have very good feedback.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Jofspring wrote: »
    Just ordered one myself fully loaded off adverts.ie from a place in Drogheda.

A few of the computer repair places sell them in town but a couple of friends bought off them and had problems, for example having to set up from scratch themselves and none of the apps would install. I'll let you know how I get on with the one off adverts. Seem to have very good feedback.
    Thanks.im not very techy and would like to see it working.Have you a link please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Thanks.im not very techy and would like to see it working.Have you a link please?

This guy

1BoxMx
    14 Upper Gerald Griffin St.
    V94 PT88
    Limerick City

Shop

BrendanD wrote: »
    This guy

1BoxMx
    14 Upper Gerald Griffin St.
    V94 PT88
    Limerick City

Shop

Any dealings with them?

• Advertisement

Yes bought my first box off him , he updated the box for me after a few months free of charge.
    Do you know what type of box you want ?.
    is it just to run Kodi or do you want a box that connects to a sky dish ?

Yes bought my first box off him , he updated the box for me after a few months free of charge.
    Do you know what type of box you want ?.
    is it just to run Kodi or do you want a box that connects to a sky dish ?

Have the good upc internet so want to make the most if it

Am on upc and its perfect for it.
    I would suggest that you stay away from the really cheap boxes.
    Kodi is not hard to install theres plenty of youtube vids on it search the beast kodi and another good one is Spinztv .
    If you can type you can install these.
    Theres a good thread on bargain alerts on android boxes.
    A good box to buy would be this
    Ships from the UK in about 3 days.

Am on upc and its perfect for it.
    I would suggest that you stay away from the really cheap boxes.
    Kodi is not hard to install theres plenty of youtube vids on it search the beast kodi and another good one is Spinztv .
    If you can type you can install these.
    Theres a good thread on bargain alerts on android boxes.
    A good box to buy would be this
    Ships from the UK in about 3 days.
    So better online?take it a shop here just buying them from china online and adding alot on

The one i linked earlier is a good box and only 40e.
    I paid 90e for this box , better processor better ethernet but does the same job,same box from a reseller would cost you a lot more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Google Jynxbox Smart TV. They also have a Facebook page. Located in Raheen. I have one and it's excellent. Runs on Kodi. Fully loaded when you buy it. Easy to install and update apps. Would highly recommend. Very good customer support too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Have Kodi running on a Raspberry Pi over wifi.
    I wouldn't wish it on anyone non technical - definitely an example of "XYZ is only free if your time is worthless".
    Your experience with a pre-setup Kodi on a different box, perhaps over ethernet, may be better.

My experience has been mainly frustration, click-bait "how-to" webpages that explain nothing, something that wouldn't install yesterday will today but may not work tomorrow, waiting "working..working... woooorking"... then nothing - no explanation of what happened, what failed, why did that not complete.

Some random and intermittent success at wathcing something I want to see. Once I chase around through several add-ons to find one that will show it to me at this particular time.

Before the fanboys have a conniption, let me repeat - this is my own experience of a particular setup - "Your experience with a pre-setup Kodi on a different box, perhaps over ethernet, may be better."

Have Kodi running on a Raspberry Pi over wifi.
    I wouldn't wish it on anyone non technical - definitely an example of "XYZ is only free if your time is worthless".
    Your experience with a pre-setup Kodi on a different box, perhaps over ethernet, may be better.

My experience has been mainly frustration, click-bait "how-to" webpages that explain nothing, something that wouldn't install yesterday will today but may not work tomorrow, waiting "working..working... woooorking"... then nothing - no explanation of what happened, what failed, why did that not complete.

Some random and intermittent success at wathcing something I want to see. Once I chase around through several add-ons to find one that will show it to me at this particular time.

Before the fanboys have a conniption, let me repeat - this is my own experience of a particular setup - "Your experience with a pre-setup Kodi on a different box, perhaps over ethernet, may be better."

This is why I haven't picked one up before. The amount of times people have said I should get one, it's really straight forward and then continued to tell me the 500 different things you need to do to get it working properly.

The one I linked above is pre-set up and im hoping has minimal up keep.

Prob should move this thread to androud forum or a tech forum
    Im the same its all going over my head

Get a Jynxbox!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Folks,

Discussions about how to get around paid service isn't allowed on here, any further discussions on this topic will result in bans.

This is why I haven't picked one up before. The amount of times people have said I should get one, it's really straight forward and then continued to tell me the 500 different things you need to do to get it working properly.

The one I linked above is pre-set up and im hoping has minimal up keep.

Did you get it yet

Thanks for that review im on the fence at the moment

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Folks,

Boards has clear policies against chat regarding evading geo-restrictions (accessing US Netflix etc) or looking for streams to sporting events, so it's a safe bet that chat relating to accessing pay-tv or pirated shows/films illegally etc is a clear no no. Also, remember that this is a public forum, if you admit to doing something on here everyone can see it.

Clareman wrote: »
    Folks,

Boards has clear policies against chat regarding evading geo-restrictions (accessing US Netflix etc) or looking for streams to sporting events, so it's a safe bet that chat relating to accessing pay-tv or pirated shows/films illegally etc is a clear no no. Also, remember that this is a public forum, if you admit to doing something on here everyone can see it.

Can I just ask the question, android boxes aren't illegal so presumably it shouldn't be an issue or am I missing something?

• Advertisement

Can I just ask the question, android boxes aren't illegal so presumably it shouldn't be an issue or am I missing something?

Firstly, this isn't the Android forum, it's a regional forum, so the mods here aren't experts on Android boxes, I would recommend the Android forum for any questions in detail on the boxes in question.

My take on it, and I have checked with the Admin team, is that access pay content without paying is illegal, discussing ways of getting around protection (such as geo-locks) is illegal, with this in mind discussion of "questionable" ways of using a device isn't permitted. I haven't issued any cards/bans on the issue cause it is a bit hazy but the guidelines I've been given is it isn't permitted.

By the way, just because something is legal, doesn't mean the end use of it is always going to be illegal also.

Clareman wrote: »
    Firstly, this isn't the Android forum, it's a regional forum, so the mods here aren't experts on Android boxes, I would recommend the Android forum for any questions in detail on the boxes in question.

My take on it, and I have checked with the Admin team, is that access pay content without paying is illegal, discussing ways of getting around protection (such as geo-locks) is illegal, with this in mind discussion of "questionable" ways of using a device isn't permitted. I haven't issued any cards/bans on the issue cause it is a bit hazy but the guidelines I've been given is it isn't permitted.

By the way, just because something is legal, doesn't mean the end use of it is always going to be illegal also.

Fair point. I do know there is a forum dedicated to these android boxes and they sell on open market so wasn't sure what the issue was. But point taken. Cheers.

Still clueless
    People telling me android box mx box junxbox dreambox sellers saying they sell 12 subscriptions

Stay away from subscription one anyway. No need for it.

Stay away from subscription one anyway. No need for it.

They a scam?

They a scam?

They may work perfectly well but if you can get the other boxes without a sub, just a one off payment then get them. At least the you don't have recurring costs every year. The other boxes are certainly not perfect by any means. Having Sky or Virgin is still a far superior service despite what people say.

They may work perfectly well but if you can get the other boxes without a sub, just a one off payment then get them. At least the you don't have recurring costs every year. The other boxes are certainly not perfect by any means. Having Sky or Virgin is still a far superior service despite what people say.
    Found places selling subscriptons saying its not streaming but superior full hd and placea sellibg netflix acounts

I've never seen the subscription ones in action can't really comment on that.

Advertisement