Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Desmond - High Winds 4/5 December 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Conditions in mayo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Just off now to walk the dog.NOT!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,332 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

A) its the dog i feel sorry for

B) Dont feed the trolls. They will be washed out from under the bridge tomorrow anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,875 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Conditions in mayo

Kent-Earthquake.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Conditions in mayo

Jesus man ,stay safe. Terrifying

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

LaGlisse wrote: »
    Jesus man ,stay safe. Terrifying

@LaGlisse Stop taking the p**s, or, you can take a break from this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Pretty strong gusts in Galway now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am about to walk my dogs along the shore West of Galway. I would take the hand held anemometer with me but I doubt if it's waterproof :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

anyone see the two lads jumping off the pier at Salthill on the tv3 news there. talk about crazy and stupid.
    Saw that.

Muppets

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Steady wind all day from the SW here in Ardfert, currently 10 min avg 32 kph, recent gust 67.6 kph ( plenty of gusts over 60 kph )

Rain 4.6mm , Steady light since 18.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Christmas lights down in shop st Galway its very stormy here now, take care

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭monster1

Lightning spotted in roscommon according to the mammy

monster1 wrote: »
    Lightning spotted in roscommon according to the mammy

They were the Christmas lights from Galway city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Barna77 wrote: »
    Saw that.

Muppets

How are they muppets. They are probably one of the group who swim there every single day, no matter the weather. Used to do it myself when i lived there. Perfectly safe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Barna77 wrote: »
    Saw that.

Muppets

Perhaps the muppets are tv3 for showing it

I noticed they said it was the first red issued by met eireann which of course is inaccurate
    The first red for rainfall yes but at least 2 reds have been issued in last 12 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Storm 10 wrote: »

There's a good few around. Traffic is steady but certainly not a ghost town but I haven't ventured down shop street yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Winds seem to be on a gradual decrease here over the last 30 mins or so, gone from a 'rough' to a 'blustery' evening.

New Moon

I posted earlier that the winds could be the main feature around cork and that an orange would pbly happen at some point tonight

Looks like this is happening as rte reporting 3000 without power primarily West cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭La Fenetre

How are they muppets. They are probably one of the group who swim there every single day, no matter the weather. Used to do it myself when i lived there. Perfectly safe

Tell that to the emergency services that have to leave their family at home to go and rescue a twat.

Dublin airport seems to be having issues with flights now aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Storm 10 wrote: »

Looks like the winds made a balls of them:pac:

La Fenetre wrote: »
    Tell that to the emergency services that have to leave their family at home to go and rescue a twat.

Such noble concern. :rolleyes:

Not your problem so please shut up about it and let others enjoy the storm.

New Moon

La Fenetre wrote: »

Link to a news report of emergency services having to rescue a regular salthill summer during a winter storm please.
    You never hear actual emergency personnel complaining either, its always some "concerned citizen" on the internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Winds seem to be on a gradual decrease here over the last 30 mins or so, gone from a 'rough' to a 'blustery' evening.

Where are you located? I'm on mobile so can't tell.

Winds here outside Newport, Mayo have eased a little for now. I don't have much faith in it staying this calm for long though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Discodog wrote: »
    I am about to walk my dogs along the shore West of Galway. I would take the hand held anemometer with me but I doubt if it's waterproof :)

So I thought that the wind had died down until the first gust hit me & literally almost knocked me over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Link to a news report of emergency services having to rescue a regular salthill summer during a winter storm please.
    You never hear actual emergency personnel complaining either, its always some "concerned citizen" on the internet

Can't beat a salthill summer during a winter storm alright, lucky basta*ds :)

corsav6 wrote: »
    Where are you located? I'm on mobile so can't tell.

Winds here outside Newport, Mayo have eased a little for now. I don't have much faith in it staying this calm for long though.

Sham town in NE Galway corsav6. Still getting some strong gusts but they seem to be decreasing in frequency for the time being. Rain has got a bit heavier though in the last while.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

This is what happens when after hours point people to the weather forum!

Advertisement