Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best hairdresser for blonde hair!?

Options
  • 02-12-2015 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi all, need to get my highlights done and every hairdresser I go to never do the colour I'm looking for! I'm a goldeny/yellowy blonde at the mo but I'm aiming from r a whiter blonde! Can anyone recommend a salon in Dublin, preferably south Dublin, who know their stuff when it comes to blonde hair!??
    Thanks x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

The problem with going a whiter blonde is that it's quite damaging to the hair* and most hairdressers don't want their name associated with damaged hair.

Olaplex, which is relatively new to the Irish market, helps minimize the damage to hair. I suggest ringing around haridressers (or you might get suggestions here) and asking if they use olaplex.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

When I was that blonde, I had it done in House of Colour. Have photos on your phone of the colour you want, it's easier than talking about it. Be prepared for the maintenance of it tho, and the damage to your hair, it's extremely drying...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Taboola wrote: »
    The problem with going a whiter blonde is that it's quite damaging to the hair* and most hairdressers don't want their name associated with damaged hair.

Olaplex, which is relatively new to the Irish market, helps minimize the damage to hair. I suggest ringing around haridressers (or you might get suggestions here) and asking if they use olaplex.

I go to Zeba on South William St and they use Olaplex. I'm sure there are others using it at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Style club gave me lovely icy blonde highlights a few months back. Have since gone darker as the maintenance was just a nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

Thanks all!
    I have found a salon close to me that provide olaplex and is reasonably priced so fingers crossed for Saturday!
    I am praying I get the colour I'm after, at last! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Percyxoxo

Hi all, I have read a lot of stuff about Olapex and was wondering if anyone has tried it when getting blonde highlights? Do you need the home treatment to maintain?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Percyxoxo wrote: »
    Hi all, I have read a lot of stuff about Olapex and was wondering if anyone has tried it when getting blonde highlights? Do you need the home treatment to maintain?
    Thanks!

I've gotten it twice in salon and have been using the home treatment once a week for the last 10 or so weeks and do see a difference.

I was lucky as I got it on Amazon US - 2 bottles for $40. I was visiting someone in NY so got it sent to them. Otherwise would have cost a fortune in shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Guestboarder

Percyxoxo wrote: »
    Thanks!

I will be getting my blonde highlights today and using olaplex do I will let you know how it goes c

Advertisement