Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 day transfer from one BOI a/c in my name to another in my name?

Options
  • 02-12-2015 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭

[ltr][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So here's a good one. Even though my wife and I only owed €10 on my BOI loan a/c, you took the full monthly repayment of €540 from our BOI current a/c, leaving us with a credit balance of €530 on the loan. Then you tell us that it will take up to 5 working days to transfer that back to our current a/c. Think about that for a minute: 5 days to transfer €530 from one BOI a/c in our name to another BOI a/c in our name. Worst of all, the person with whom I've just been speaking on the phone doesn't see much wrong with this because it is, "just how the system works."[/font][/ltr]

[ltr][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I don't doubt for one second that this is how the system works. The problem is that this system is very, very broken. Moreover, it is a system that you and the other main clearing bank in this country created; it wasn't imposed upon you. I am 100% certain that it doesn't have to work the way it currently does because it doesn't work this way in other countries where I've lived. If you really wanted to change it, you could.[/font][/ltr]

[ltr][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Our Stone Age banking system is a bit of a national embarrassment. The Indian lads in the office - from a so-called developing nation! - laugh at how bad our banks are. I wonder sometimes which country is the more developed.[/font][/ltr]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Good Morning cantalach,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with this service. We do take all feedback from our customers and will pass this on to the relevant departments. Once this account has closed we will endeavor to get any excess funds back to your account as soon as possible.

Thanks, 

Evie 

Advertisement