Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singapore flame (Celbridge) gone

Options
  • 02-12-2015 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭

Seems it will be no more, owner has decided not renew or did a runner depending on who you talk to.
    Hopefully they put something decent in its place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

dobsdave wrote: »
    Seems it will be no more, owner has decided not renew or did a runner depending on who you talk to.
    Hopefully they put something decent in its place.

Was this place called Singapore Flame or Singapore Fame?
    There were signs outside it, both saying different things, one Flame and one Fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Sad to hear that. It was the scene of my marriage proposal to my (now) wife. The manager remembered us every time we returned and used to give us the same table, even remembered our names. They did cracking noodles too

• Registered Users Posts: 68,869 ✭✭✭✭L1011

WittyName1 wrote: »
    Was this place called Singapore Flame or Singapore Fame?
    There were signs outside it, both saying different things, one Flame and one Fame.

I'm pretty sure it was Fame and the Flame sign was a recent mistake. Been there for a fair while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

L1011 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it was Fame and the Flame sign was a recent mistake. Been there for a fair while.
    Don't think so. Singapore Fame went into liquidation a few years ago and then reopened as Singapore Flame and carried on as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,869 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Makes sense - most people probably never noticed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

I heard it will be back open for Xmas, a small fire apparently in the kitchen,
    can't confirm though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

The Mulk wrote: »
    I heard it will be back open for Xmas, a small fire apparently in the kitchen,
    can't confirm though

You heard the chinese will be back open for xmas?
    The info I got was from 2 different staff members that there was no problem with the kitchen at all, and that it definitely wont be opening again as a chinese.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

dobsdave wrote: »
    You heard the chinese will be back open for xmas?
    The info I got was from 2 different staff members that there was no problem with the kitchen at all, and that it definitely wont be opening again as a chinese.:confused:
    Yeah,

I got a text about it, just checked and it says it'll be open tomorrow night.:confused:
    Again i can't confirm it.

Although a friend of mine had a do booked there this week and the owners refunded the deposit, so i can't be sure
    Might have to rename this thread to "Celbridge Gossip and Rumours":pac:

The Mulk wrote: »
    Yeah,

I got a text about it, just checked and it says it'll be open tomorrow night.:confused:
    Again i can't confirm it.

Although a friend of mine had a do booked there this week and the owners refunded the deposit, so i can't be sure
    Might have to rename this thread to "Celbridge Gossip and Rumours":pac:

very strange indeed, i was hoping for a change from chinese food :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

It's back open with a new Facebook page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Yep its open, ordered from them last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Rumours of it closing were just Chinese whispers.

definitely gone this time, new menu starts tomorrow.

Advertisement