Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternates to Mailchimp

Options
  • 02-12-2015 11:07am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place. I'm looking for an alternate to Mailchimp.

Gmail now puts Mailchimp messages in its promotions folder which is limited my mail shot hit rate. It's a casual newsletter one every 2 months but contains community information which means that people are often missing out.

Anyone use an cost effective alternates that will hit inboxes rather than Promotion or Spam folders?

Mailing list is less than 1,000 people.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

You could try newsweaver. But I'm confident that gmail will probably do the same thing again.

An email to their support might clarify it for you. Have you contacted Mailchimp support?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

There are a lot of alternatives to MailChimp out there.

I doubt, however, that switching vendor will "fix" your issue with Gmail

You should, as already pointed out, try engaging with MailChimp first to see if there's anything they can suggest.

Gmail categorises what it sees as newsletters as newsletters + promotions .. I can't see how you can get around that easily unless you change your email style enough to "trick" them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Blacknight wrote: »
    Gmail categorises what it sees as newsletters as newsletters + promotions .. I can't see how you can get around that easily unless you change your email style enough to "trick" them

And in doing this, I'd say your emails will soon be sent straight to spam and marked as phishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

smash wrote: »
    And in doing this, I'd say your emails will soon be sent straight to spam and marked as phishing.

Probably . ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

I tried to setup mailchimp for our local camera club earlier in the year. Imported all the club member contacts from our gmail account. When I tried to send out the first group mail, mailchimp blocked the account. Still waiting to hear back from them. I now use the mailpoet plugin on our website, sends out new post mails and I have seperate groups set up for different mails too. Does what we need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭utmbuilder

I send a lot of mail and I mean a lot and have tried out so many different providers.

The best in regards to price is mailerlite however the number of templates they offer is limited.

Its a very professional service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

If you really really need to avoid the promotions tab you could try Yesware.com and send from your Gmail account. However at 1000 subscribers you will be stretching the limits of the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭utmbuilder

the promotions tab put a lot of the coupon sites out of business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

http://forms.google.com

Google Forms. Not directly related to mailchimp faceman, but no harm to check it out.
    Google seem to be relaunching this as well.

Advertisement