Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Sli Charman - Wexford

Options
  • 02-12-2015 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Has anyone got a map of the full Sli Charman route please?
    From Kilmichael in the north of the county through to Ballyhack down south.
    Thank you for any info you can give me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭j0hn1

Thanks for the swift reply Alun, but looking for County Wexford, not Donegal.

Google has turned up very little for me on this one unfortunately.
    Even speaking to representatives of Sports Active in Wexford Co Co has not yielded anything.
    I was posting here hoping to catch the eye of someone who has done it or been involved in someway with its establishment several years ago that may be able to shed some light for me.

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Ah, sorry about that, I Googled it, saw the irishtrails.ie link and just copied it without looking properly! No idea why it turns up that walk in the search, it also does it in the internal Google Search on irishtrails.ie website itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

It doesn't start at Kilmichael point, but on the road to Kilmichael from Clogga

That's super Carawaystick, thank you
    Do you have any further information on the rest of the route?
    Is it still signposted on the trail?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Google maps shows a few signs as I followed it down to Castletown and Tara Hill.

I'd say it goes down to Kilmichael point, along the beach to Kilpatrick and CLones Strand.
    It'll probably have to come inland to the Golden anchor to cross the river.

After that I'd say it goes along the coast again to Courttown.

There's this sign near the Hook

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Amurpol

Try Barry Dolby of EastWest Mapping in Clonegal Co. Carlow. He produces and sells guides to walks.

I asked Barry about it a couple of months ago, nothing for the northern part of the route unfortunately, sound guy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

It doesn't start at Kilmichael point, but on the road to Kilmichael from Clogga

There is an old rusty sign nearby, pointing south, indicating a distance of 221km. Is it really that long?

Makes sense, its the full length of the coastline from the border with Co Wicklow to the border with Co Waterford (or close enough to the borders)

• Advertisement

dogmatix wrote: »
    There is an old rusty sign nearby, pointing south, indicating a distance of 221km. Is it really that long?

I reckon its 189 by road. You'ld get a fair few extra km by the Raven or from Rosslare to St Helens, and about Our Ladies Island.

I'd say a call to Wexford CoCo should get you in touch with someone who might know more.

I'd say a call to Wexford CoCo should get you in touch with someone who might know more.

I tried that and didn't get very far, if anyone has better luck please let me know

description here
    http://www.northwexford.com/activities-near-gorey/walking-in-gorey-and-north-wexford.html

I doubt there's a map as such. stick as close to the coast as possible, come inland for bridges over estuaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

Some information on this here:

h t t p : / / kevin-connelly . com / category / wexford-coastal-path /

(I had to put in a lot of spaces as I don't have enough posts to paste in a link direct)

Advertisement