Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan application

Options
  • 02-12-2015 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I applied for a small holiday loan two days ago and  haven't heard back yet, it said I would be contacted in 24 and I havent also i  never got any form of confirmation at all as to if it went through or. Not, if you could get back soon with info it'd be helpful as I'm tempted to use a different company at this stage and will not accept it coming through days later as i wwill have. Changed by then and will not be able to pay the loan thankyou

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

ConorB123 wrote: »
    Hi I applied for a small holiday loan two days ago and  haven't heard back yet, it said I would be contacted in 24 and I havent also i  never got any form of confirmation at all as to if it went through or. Not, if you could get back soon with info it'd be helpful as I'm tempted to use a different company at this stage and will not accept it coming through days later as i wwill have. Changed by then and will not be able to pay the loan thankyou
    Hi ConorB123,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

Sorry to hear you have not yet heard back from our Lending team. Can we ask, did you apply online on our website or over the phone for your loan? 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ConorB123

Hi thank you for the quick reply Sarah, I applied online on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Hi, 

If you applied online two days ago it is possible to get a decision over the phone on this. Please call 0818200334 and select option 2 followed by option 1. A rep here will be happy to assist you.  

If there is anything else we can help with please let us know. 

Thanks, 
    Evie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I tried that before too. Twice. Total lack of response. I suppose it's like a job interview they aren't bothered unless the answer is positive.

Anyway, makes answering the question about being refused credit a bit tricky on future loan applications. Was it processed? Was it rejected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi Stefanovich,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We're sorry to hear you feel this way. We can assure you we will always contact customers regarding their application regardless of the outcome.

If you have not received a decision on your loan application, please call 0818 200 334 and an Advisor will be happy to discuss this further with you.

Thanks,

Sharon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Hi Stefanovich,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We're sorry to hear you feel this way. We can assure you we will always contact customers regarding their application regardless of the outcome.

If you have not received a decision on your loan application, please call 0818 200 334 and an Advisor will be happy to discuss this further with you.

Thanks,

Sharon
    No, that's fine, I'd rather not. And no, you don't always respond because you didn't respond to me, twice. I'm sure I am not the only person.

It was in August, it's now December. Don't need it anymore.

Advertisement