Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mindfactory dispatch slipping

Options
  • 02-12-2015 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi all ordered 6 components - 1 shipping: motherboard, processor, gpu, memory, mouse, psu - from mindfactory last Friday and on order screen was given a shipping date of 2nd dec.

I've been checking in daily, and the date keeps slipping even though the parts appear in stock.

Now it is likely not to be shipped until 7th!!!

Is this normal?

How long will it take to arrive when eventually shipped? I need this to be here well before Christmas!!!!!!!!!

If one component is a problem, I can switch to get it shipped, how do I complain about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Quite possibly they are under pressure from black friday weekend sales. I'd give them until Friday before hitting the panic button :) I'll check with my sister if her stuff has been shipped. We ordered her system Saturday 21st. The monitor wasn't in stock until that Wednesday though so shipping would have been delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

I ordered from them on black friday and my stuff had it's departure scan at the UPS depot at Herne-Boernig, still no delivery date showing on the tracker though but I'm not concerned since it seems to be moving along and assume it is caught up in the sales rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I've ordered two items from them in the past week and there appeared to be no problems. I then went to make an order earlier and suddenly they're flagging an error with my address. This despite the fact they've always shipped to it. I couldn't be doing with that nonsense so I ordered from Amazon instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭€>sense

Ok panic over, apparently it shipped I now have a UPS tracking number and it is in Westerstede, Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

€>sense wrote: »
    Ok panic over, apparently it shipped I now have a UPS tracking number and it is in Westerstede, Germany.

See? Be grand. When did you actually order? They usually ship within 48 hours of ordering (often much sooner).

• Advertisement

Ordered last Friday, and to be fair they said they'd ship on 2nd, Their estimated date for dispatch kept slipping by the day almost, from 2nd, to 3rd to 4th, and then worryingly 7th earlier today.

But original estimate was good! They shipped on 2nd.

Note, the GPU was out of stock when I ordered.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I deliberately paid a few pennies over the odds to avoid out-of-stock-ness early on Black Friday morning and my stuff is now sitting on the table next to me - looks like they basically threw all the stocked orders out the door the second they were paid and anything waiting on one piece to be trucked in from their remote warehouse went to the back of the looooong Thanksgiving queue :o
    I've ordered two items from them in the past week and there appeared to be no problems. I then went to make an order earlier and suddenly they're flagging an error with my address. This despite the fact they've always shipped to it. I couldn't be doing with that nonsense so I ordered from Amazon instead.

Odd. Their address format is rather odd though, no provision I can see for non-city-centre addresses at all! Have you always had your Eircode on your account or did it only become a requirement very recently? Could be a possible reason if UPS wants their database to give them a postcode and you don't have yours listed yet? ...I'm just making completely random guesses at this point tbh :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

How do you actually find out the shipping date? It doesn't seem to be in the first (and only) email which was sent when I ordered on Monday. I seemed to have avoided setting up an account with them also, somehow!

Curious re no account as I couldn't buy without opening an account!

I got the date from logging into my account and clicking on my orders.

Mindfactory is impossible without chrome and auto translate.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Or Firefox and the S3 plugin :3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Curious re no account as I couldn't buy without opening an account!

I got the date from logging into my account and clicking on my orders.

Mindfactory is impossible without chrome and auto translate.

I just selected the PayPal option at checkout and it all went smoothly from there in an accountless fashion :)

They've since sent me email updates, so I think it's all good. I tried my email on their website to see if an account had somehow been setup for me automatically, but even the 'Forgotten Password' option said no account existed for my email address.

My only worry now is computeruniverse.net seem to be putting back the shipping date for my Nanoxia case.

Looks like all my gear will be the computer equivalent of all dressed up with no where to go. Might have to use a shoe box come the 25th!

Ok stuff arrived this morning! As predicted by UPS when I got tracking number!

Now I too am waiting for a case ... From Amazon UK. Any way I can speed them up, they are predicting tomorrow week delivery, a bit scary if there's a problem!

What should I do re checking things are working? Am I up against time for returns? How can I check components without a case? What checks should I do on the monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

What should I do re checking things are working? Am I up against time for returns? How can I check components without a case? What checks should I do on the monitor?

Build it on the motherboard's box, connect the monitor, you can look up where the power switch connection is on the mobo & short that connection with a screwdriver to make it boot.

Monitor-wise play a bright movie or video game to watch for dead pixels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭Nollog

What's the format for the address?

I'm just trying parts in different boxes at the moment.

Not following Nollog.

Physical Address used eircode

Mindfactory.de
    Use chrome and there's a translate icon on right of address bar

Advertisement