Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Fireplace ready for lighting- need allnight burner, etc?

• 02-12-2015 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi,

I've recently moved to a house where we just have an empty fireplace now. I'm wondering what we need to do in order to get this up and running.

An all night burner should work?

What about the metal surround at the edge of the fire itself, it looks likes it's raised a little on both sides of it on the outside and the internal part of this surround looks like it has a crack around the edge of the surround. The rest of the back looks fine. Would I need to replace this surround? or repair?

Any advice is appreciated. I've linked to a few pics.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kwn48m6qt1pbfnn/AABxreMVYaOQQO90SbjCu4JEa?dl=0
    You may be prompted to register but you can just click "No thanks, continue to view"

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭krazymuthafuka

Still looking for some advice on this. Mainly the issues with the surround of the fire opening if anyone has any input in this.

Thanks

Advertisement