Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the worst hardware-buying experience ever!

Options
  • 02-12-2015 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

My gf and I tried to buy stuff from hardwareversand and got shafted

They've failed to deliver ordered goods, and continue to claim they've sent them three weeks after the due delivery date.
    I guess i only used them because of a thread on here which clued me in to their good prices but we're paying the difference in headache pills now.

They do not respond to queries except sketchily worded emails to say they've shipped the (very expensive) goods and have not given working tracking numbers.

Caution advised!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They've gone into administration. If you'd read the recent threads on them or done a search you'd have see this. We all recommend using mindfactory NOT HWVS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 QB1o

ED E wrote: »
    If you'd read the recent threads on them or done a search you'd have see this

Precisely my point. Caution is advised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Did you pay by bank transfer or by credit card?

If by card you can get your money back. If not then keep emailing them in german for best results and hope for best.

Also contact courir and get them to confirm the shipment took place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I have ordered from then multiple times over the past few weeks with no problems. One order was sent in several packages which meant I had to email to get all the tracking numbers, but they all arrived on time. I am waiting for a shipment to arrive tomorrow as I speak.

Call them and confirm you have the right shipping number. They provide a shipping nunber once the goods are ready for collection and UPS pick it up from there warehouse. If you don't see "good are assembled and ready for collection" and/or "the goods have been dispatched" (with a tracking number), then something is amiss.

The best way to get through to them is to call them.

I have ordered from then multiple times over the past few weeks with no problems. One order was sent in several packages which meant I had to email to get all the tracking numbers, but they all arrived on time. I am waiting for a shipment to arrive tomorrow as I speak.

Call them and confirm you have the right shipping number. They provide a shipping nunber once the goods are ready for collection and UPS pick it up from there warehouse. If you don't see "good are assembled and ready for collection" and/or "the goods have been dispatched" (with a tracking number), then something is amiss.

The best way to get through to them is to call them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Very odd actually,i was just about to pull the trigger on a fairly hefty purchase and when you click on any support links they are not there.And now the website appears to be gone completely.

Have they gone totally belly up?

magentis wrote: »
    Very odd actually,i was just about to pull the trigger on a fairly hefty purchase and when you click on any support links they are not there.And now the website appears to be gone completely.

Have they gone totally belly up?

I doubt it, I've been accessing their site regularly for the past while. Probably just temporary.

Their site works fine for me now btw, maybe a bit slow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Hi Fist time buying from HWVS or any other store and i am a bit confused and as the order was over €700 i dont want to loose my money.

The events are:

Online-Order
    2015-11-27 at 10:54 Due to your payment the order was cleared for delivery.
    2015-11-27 at 10:54 Your payment conclusion was confirmed us.
    2015-11-27 at 12:09 The goods are ready for collection or assembling.
    2015-11-27 at 12:09 The invoice was made.
    2015-11-27 at 12:35 We booked your return consignment.
    2015-11-27 at 12:39 A Credit note was made.

What is a return consignment?
    And why would they make a credit note when i haven't returned anything??

I paid by debit card btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

looking at this thread I'm glad my case from them arrived today!

sirboby wrote: »
    Hi Fist time buying from HWVS or any other store and i am a bit confused and as the order was over €700 i dont want to loose my money.

The events are:

Online-Order

I paid by debit card btw.

I'm not sure exactly (oftentimes the language is a bit formal as the native togue is German so the English on the website tends to be like that).

My advice would be to give them a call tomorrow morning. Usually within a day (usually hours if the goods are assembled in the morning) UPS pick it up from them and the website shows a tracking number.

Something has definitely gone amiss though so I'd call them for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

sirboby wrote: »
    Online-Order

Sounds like they nuked the order before it actually went anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

so should i send them an email?
    Saying what?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Has anyone in Ireland actually received a large upgrade or full PCs worth of stuff from them since they went into admin? I know people have received small orders and isolated parts but I wonder if the lads who took over are no longer willing to send shipments of a certain size or value overseas anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

They aren't even the cheapest anymore, certainly for big builds. Unless buying one or two items i'd head for Mindfactory or Computer universe before these lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

I'm puzzled as to why people are still using them to be honest. thought there was enough notices in threads by now to rightly so discourage purchasing from them.

Maybe a sticky warning. I only suggest this as the forum is tied to hwvs through years of recommendation. Alot of past buyers come back thinking its all rosy.

Solitaire wrote: »
    Has anyone in Ireland actually received a large upgrade or full PCs worth of stuff from them since they went into admin? I know people have received small orders and isolated parts but I wonder if the lads who took over are no longer willing to send shipments of a certain size or value overseas anymore?

I spent 350 quid there 2 or so weeks ago and it all went smoothly. Bits and bobs (motherboard, case, power supply ssd, a fan) and I received them all within a week (funnily enough they came in all separate deliveries but I only paid the very reasonable 13 euro delivery fee.

OP, please call them. I'm sure it will be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

They could be holding your order for one part. Ring them and hope you get sorted

Advertisement