Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

161 Leaf - Post the pricing you got.

• 02-12-2015 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭

As much as people are reticent to share what they sometimes consider their private finances, it's to everyone's advantage to share information on pricing they've got for their vehicles.
    Better information improves our negotiating position and the alternative plan is for dealers to feed us sht and keep us in the dark.

So I propose that anyone who wishes to share the deal they've agreed post in this thread.
    I'll get the ball rolling:

Dealer: Windsor Belgard
    Buying: 161 Nissan Leaf SV
    Options: 30 kWh + Cold Pack + Metallic Paint
    "Discounts": Free 30kWh upgrade for existing owners
    Trading in: 141 Leaf SVE - 38,000km
    Price agreed: €5000 cash

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭highdef

Wow, that seems like a great deal. Does your 141 have the cold pack and/or 6.6kw charger? Is it also sv spec? Have a 152 sve with 6.6 kw charger and solar panel and just over 10k on the clock... I wonder how much I would expect to pay for the same spec 161, including the 30kwh charger, which appears to be included seeing as I am an existing owner. Actually, I wouldn't be too fussed about the solar panel. I only got it because the car was ex display

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Traded an 3.3kW equipped SVE... SVE spec includes everything in the cold pack.

Since the solar panel is useless it has no effect on resale value.

I try to get as much leverage as possible. I generally do a deal on the day, for cash and hit towards the end of crucial months for sales bonuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

HI

I was just in with Nissan Hutton and Meade And for a new 161 SV with Cold pack and 24Kw Battery and I was scrapping a 2001 yaris it was our second car it was costing me 21340 what do people think

thanks
    mylesm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Dealer: Windsor Deansgrange
    Buying: 161 Nissan Leaf SV 6KW
    Options: 30 kWh + Cold Pack + Metallic Paint (Bronze)
    Trading in: 142 SV- 44K 6KW
    Price agreed: €1800 over 3 years 1K on final payments (optional)
    Free servicing 3 years

Now my 3rd Leaf :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

cros13 wrote: »
    Dealer: Windsor Belgard
    Buying: 161 Nissan Leaf SV
    Options: 30 kWh + Cold Pack + Metallic Paint
    Trading in: 141 Leaf SVE - 38,000km
    Price agreed: €5000 cash

Only €5k to upgrade by 2 years?

Am I missing something? So I could take my 141 Leaf with about 13k miles in and get a shiny new one for just a few thousand €?

That said, I have the Tekna (same as SVE I think) and I would want to keep my leather seats, surround camera and heated seats/wheel.

• Advertisement

mylesm wrote: »
    I was just in with Nissan Hutton and Meade And for a new 161 SV with Cold pack and 24Kw Battery and I was scrapping a 2001 yaris it was our second car it was costing me 21340 what do people think

Not a bad price, you might be able to push it a little further but the scrappage will limit your room to negotiate.
    DrPhilG wrote: »
    Only €5k to upgrade by 2 years?

Upgrade by 2 years and get 6kWh extra battery capacity :)
    Original quote was €6500 without the cold pack or metallic.
    Got them down to €5k with both addons and I'm going to press for a deal on some accessories at pickup.
    That said, I have the Tekna (same as SVE I think) and I would want to keep my leather seats, surround camera and heated seats/wheel.

The heated seats/wheel are in the cold pack. You lose the LED headlights, Leather, Bose sound system and Around View Monitor all right.

But the 2016 SV has some advantages over a 141 SVE:
    A bigger better touchscreen infotainment system that's much easier and nicer to use.
    DAB Radio
    Better quality reversing camera.
    16" wheels... they may not look as pretty as 17" on SVE but on bad Irish rural roads they handle potholes better.

The heated seats/wheel are in the cold pack. You lose the LED headlights, Leather, Bose sound system and Around View Monitor all right.

But the 2016 SV has some advantages over a 141 SVE:
    A bigger better touchscreen infotainment system that's much easier and nicer to use.
    DAB Radio
    Better quality reversing camera.
    16" wheels... they may not look as pretty as 17" on SVE but on bad Irish rural roads they handle potholes better.

Couldn't lose the 360 camera, the wife would shoot me.

I thought it would be much higher though.

Not going to tempt me enough to buy though.

Not going to tempt me enough to buy though.

With your short commute it would be worth saving the money and maybe thinking about a 172/181 Leaf Gen 2 when it comes out.

The 17 inch aren't that bad on rural roads at all, they do look far nicer , I consider silver alloys these days to be out dated and tacky, but thats my opinion.

Barlo Nissan in Kilkenny weren't going to offer me anything to change to the 30 Kwh , they felt they wouldn't be able to sell a 151 (nonsense) and felt people would rather a 161 for not a lot extra.

So in other words, they weren't interested in selling another new car. I didn't bother shopping around because it would cost too much after a year anyway and I would rather put the money towards the 181 with 300-340 odd Kms !

The 30 Kwh is of no benefit to me really because I have the work charge point. But the 60 kwh if it's not a silly price would be a real benefit meaning the work charge point could meet most of my driving needs because it's a lot of electricity I can store in the car and it will have the range , (if I'm still in the same job) the 30 kwh for instance still wouldn't get me to the Airport and back without charging.

If I hadn't the work charge point then the 30 kwh would be a real benefit.

Hopefully in 2018 there will be other cars to chose from that are not a silly price.

With your short commute it would be worth saving the money and maybe thinking about a 172/181 Leaf Gen 2 when it comes out.

That has always been the plan.

I won't buy new though. If 181 is the next gen 200 mile Leaf then I'll buy a one year old car in 2019.

At my current rate and even allowing for the potential introduction of charges, I'll have set aside about €9k towards that purchase. I have set up a direct debit into a savings account for the amount I used to spend on diesel, minus about €30 for the increase in home electricity.

Bought the car in June. Savings account currently has £880 sterling in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

I just received my latest pcp quotes for a 16 SV 30 kWh battery , 6 kW charger

The car will cost just under 25k and that includes a 4K scrapage

The GMFV has just been lowered by upwards of a 1000 since my last quote in early November. That combined with the very uncompetitive finance rates makes this one hell of an expensive car.

At this stage you'd want to be doing about 50,000 km a year to see any form f payback.

I'm getting less convinced of the merits the more I read the numbers

Dave

The lower GFMV will most likely mean there will be more equity in the car after the 3 years. Meaning a greater chance of deposit for a new one. Maybe.

Just under 25 K isn't bad if you ask me for 30 Kwh and 6.6 Kw charger.

My total was 23K or slightly over for the 24 Kwh SVE inc 5K for the Prius.

The lower the GFMV indicates to me wither they expect it to be worth less or you got a higher chance of getting a deposit.

My GFMV is about 12,300 but on the SVE . With 75,000 Kms I have almost 27,000 Kms now but since I will be finished work on the 24th to the 19 the January I don't expect to put more than about 27,500 Kms on it.

I would expect any garage keen to sell won't be bothered by up to 10 K more Kms at the end of the contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

I paid 23290 for 16 SV 30KW with 3.3Charger but 6.6 charger would be 900 so it would have cost 24190 and he threw in a boot liner and rubber mats which are retailing on nissan uk for £105 for boot liner and £74 for mats that was a scrappage deal

http://www.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/vehicle/electric-vehicles/leaf/prices-and-equipment/accessories.html

mylesm

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭steelboots

Buying 161 Leaf SVE + metallic paint (also getting car & boot mats thrown in)

I'm availing of the €5k grant and €4k scrappage scheme, I'm not putting up any cash :( so its costing me €492/mth on 4yr PCP with a buyback of €6037 (25,000 km/yr)

steelboots wrote: »
    Buying 161 Leaf SVE + metallic paint (also getting car & boot mats thrown in)

I'm availing of the €5k grant and €4k scrappage scheme, I'm not putting up any cash :( so its costing me €492/mth on 4yr PCP with a buyback of €6037 (25,000 km/yr)

You will pay more interest over the longer term just like a normal bank loan or finance.

How many KM did you get ?

I paid 23290 for 16 SV 30KW with 3.3Charger but 6.6 charger would be 900 so it would have cost 24190 and he threw in a boot liner and rubber mats which are retailing on nissan uk for £105 for boot liner and £74 for mats that was a scrappage deal

http://www.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/vehicle/electric-vehicles/leaf/prices-and-equipment/accessories.html

mylesm

It's a real shame you couldn't stretch to the 6.6 Kw but I would have the 30 kwh battery over the 6.6 if I really had to make the choice. + it charges as fast as the 24 Kwh for about 70-80 Km more range, that's not too shabby a deal !

7-90% reported in 33 mins V 18-80% for the 24 Kwh.

90 % in the 30 Kwh will give you about 140-160 Kms not driving too easy Kms V 60-80 Kms in the Leaf, all in decent weather not too warm or cold and not too windy or wet. That's brilliant, hopefully true and that the test was correct but the 30 kwh does indeed charge faster.

My circumstances are different and I would really like the ability to charge faster from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭steelboots

You will pay more interest over the longer term just like a normal bank loan or finance.

How many KM did you get ?

Hi Mad_Lad, not sure what you mean you "How many KM did you get ?" ? Its a 25,000km per year, not sure what other KM you could mean.

steelboots wrote: »
    Hi Mad_Lad, not sure what you mean you "How many KM did you get ?" ? Its a 25,000km per year, not sure what other KM you could mean.

Yeah that's what I meant, how many KM pr year your lease allows.

Mine is 25K Kms too. At 27,200 or close not bad !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

I went to Windsor Deansgrange this afternoon to check what would be the price to switch to 30KW pack SV Leaf.

The offer I got from Brendan:
    €18500 for my 3.3kw charger 9 months old SV with 20k on the clock.
    +
    €7990 cash

This would get me a "free" upgrade to 30KW SV with 6.6kw charger.
    Take the €900 for the charger off and it's still too high compared to what I have seen offered to other Leafers so far.
    Still waiting for Barlo Kilkenny to come back to me.
    It looks like I need to shop around a bit.

Barlo told me it wouldn't be worth it and they're correct, not after nearly 12 months.

Barlo weren't keen to make me a deal either , on the other hand I am sure they would gladly take my money but why would I for what ? I'd rather put the money into the 300-350 Km Leaf in 2018. The 30 kwh range would be nice but I don't need it most of the time but the 60 kwh is a whole different ball game and would be far more useful, that probably doesn't make sense, in other words the 30 kwh wouldn't justify spending 7-8 K for little benefit to me compared to 60 Kwh.

• Advertisement

mylesm

yeah the boot liner,mats and mud flaps seem to be " standard " giveaways, my dealer didn't bat an eye lid when I mentioned them

Barlo told me it wouldn't be worth it and they're correct, not after nearly 12 months.

Barlo weren't keen to make me a deal either , on the other hand I am sure they would gladly take my money but why would I for what ? I'd rather put the money into the 300-350 Km Leaf in 2018. The 30 kwh range would be nice but I don't need it most of the time but the 60 kwh is a whole different ball game and would be far more useful, that probably doesn't make sense, in other words the 30 kwh wouldn't justify spending 7-8 K for little benefit to me compared to 60 Kwh.

But your case is not typical as you were attempting to trade a nearly new car, the same thing happened to me a few years ago , when I tried to trade a 8 month old sports car, dealer wouldn't touch it.

typically a dealer doesnt want to give away more then about 50% in trade in , he risks too much if he cant resell at the necessary price

lets say the dealer has a 10% discount window on a new car, say 2K in round numbers, if he values your trade in at say 10K , he's has 20% wriggle room before he's losing money , however if he offers 20K, he has only 10% wriggle room on your resale, hence he wont touch it

( the only place I seen it happen is where the dealer had a specific customer in mind and set up a back to back deal )

BoatMad wrote: »
    But your case is not typical as you were attempting to trade a nearly new car, the same thing happened to me a few years ago , when I tried to trade a 8 month old sports car, dealer wouldn't touch it.

typically a dealer doesnt want to give away more then about 50% in trade in , he risks too much if he cant resell at the necessary price

lets say the dealer has a 10% discount window on a new car, say 2K in round numbers, if he values your trade in at say 10K , he's has 20% wriggle room before he's losing money , however if he offers 20K, he has only 10% wriggle room on your resale, hence he wont touch it

( the only place I seen it happen is where the dealer had a specific customer in mind and set up a back to back deal )

Well yeah that's pretty much what the Paul in Kilkenny told me, not worth it for me or them and he's right to be honest. Why put 6-8K on a new car for just 6 Kwh extra battery ? sure the range would be nice but not at that cost.

Perhaps if they introduce a 40 Kwh next year it might change my mind because 40 Kwh would be a lot more useful to me, that would be what , about 225 kms driving reasonably hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Put a deposit on a 30kw SV with Cold Pack, 3.3 charger, flat red paint. €16300 along with my 2011 SV Leaf. Picking it up next week from Liffey Valley Nissan.
    That started out at €14800 + my car, but then he reduced the value of my car for: damage to rear quarter panel, UK import, high mileage 86000km, battery at 85%, something about me not being able to pass on my charge point ie I don't have one as I use the granny lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

macnab wrote: »
    Put a deposit on a 30kw SV with Cold Pack, 3.3 charger, flat red paint. €16300 along with my 2011 SV Leaf. Picking it up next week from Liffey Valley Nissan.
    That started out at €14800 + my car, but then he reduced the value of my car for: damage to rear quarter panel, UK import, high mileage 86000km, battery at 85%, something about me not being able to pass on my charge point ie I don't have one as I use the granny lead.

UK imports are explicitly included in the 24-30 kWh "free" upgrade offer.

Ok I'm going back to getting the 30 Kwh to not, I had requested that I not have to pay a deposit and pay a higher monthly however it looks as if the finance are not willing to do this.

So I'm really not willing to pay 2 K cash for the 30 Kw after only a year owning the 151. I'd rather put this towards the 60 kwh or whatever is around in the next 2 years or so.

In reality the 24 Kwh meets 98% of my needs especially with the work charge point, if I didn't have that I probably would have went for it.

Certainly , if anyone is buying new then the 30 Kwh would be really good to have.

We'll see if the finance company are willing to negotiate , if they don't want my money I don't care, I already got a year old leaf so I'm not that bothered !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭mr.dunkey

I can see a Gen 1 owner up grading to 30kw and seen a big difference but your SVE just about ticks all the boxes for you. Better off waiting for a big range difference to change.
    Ok I'm going back to getting the 30 Kwh to not, I had requested that I not have to pay a deposit and pay a higher monthly however it looks as if the finance are not willing to do this.

So I'm really not willing to pay 2 K cash for the 30 Kw after only a year owning the 151. I'd rather put this towards the 60 kwh or whatever is around in the next 2 years or so.

In reality the 24 Kwh meets 98% of my needs especially with the work charge point, if I didn't have that I probably would have went for it.

Certainly , if anyone is buying new then the 30 Kwh would be really good to have.

We'll see if the finance company are willing to negotiate , if they don't want my money I don't care, I already got a year old leaf so I'm not that bothered !

mr.dunkey wrote: »
    I can see a Gen 1 owner up grading to 30kw and seen a big difference but your SVE just about ticks all the boxes for you. Better off waiting for a big range difference to change.

Definitely , most Gen 1 owners should notice a big difference.

If the finance company play ball I'll probably go for it but I think it's a bit cheeky expecting a deposit really.

The battery in my 151 is also showing 100% capacity after almost 31,000 kms. So I won't be worried about the battery even after it's 3 years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

The battery in my 151 is also showing 100% capacity after almost 31,000 kms. So I won't be worried about the battery even after it's 3 years old.

Just as a reference point, my 2011 Gen 1 Leaf with almost 86,000km and 10 Bars tested at 85% today on Nissan's diagnostics.

• Advertisement

macnab wrote: »
    Just as a reference point, my 2011 Gen 1 Leaf with almost 86,000km and 10 Bars tested at 85% today on Nissan's diagnostics.

One person I met in Kilkenny with a 2014 had 67,756 Kms and 99% capacity , I know it's only 2 years old but it's still encouraging. He had 1,044 fast charges also.

Advertisement