Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to find statistics

Options
  • 02-12-2015 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

What is the best way to find statistics on website you host? I'm on shared linux hosting.
    From Control Panel I have only awstat v.6.8 (build 1.910) from 2008 or Webalizer Version 2.21 from 2009 (not supported since 2013)?? Non of them could identify new systems / browsers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

zom wrote: »
    What is the best way to find statistics on website you host? I'm on shared linux hosting.
    From Control Panel I have only awstat v.6.8 (build 1.910) from 2008 or Webalizer Version 2.21 from 2009 (not supported since 2013)?? Non of them could identify new systems / browsers...
    If you're looking for more detailed stats I suspect most people are using Google Analytics these days.
    An open source alternative I quite like is http://piwik.org/
    Hope that helps

Michele

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Blacknight wrote: »
    If you're looking for more detailed stats I suspect most people are using Google Analytics these days.
    Hope that helps

Michele
    Google is mostly for commercial use statistics, it will not show me if someone hotlinked jpg from my website. Would be great if you  upgrade your awstat to latest version.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Blacknight wrote: »
    Hope that helps

Michele
    Google is mostly for commercial use statistics, it will not show me if someone hotlinked jpg from my website. Would be great if you  upgrade your awstat to latest version.
    I've already asked our technical team to investigate this - if it's feasible we will, though we rely very heavily on our control panel vendor for software updates etc

Advertisement