Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best takeaway sandwiches in Naas

Options
  • 02-12-2015 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi have just started working in Naas on the monread side.

And I have yet to discover a nice sandwich bar, i usually go to the Centra opposite Monread housing estate but am getting sick of that...

Anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Why not make your own? Infinite number of nice fillings and you will save a fortune! Win win!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

tallpaul wrote: »
    and you will save a fortune! Win win!!!

If you don't like stale bread on days 2-5 and are only making for one person, you really save bog all and end up with massive amounts of waste food.
    Its not quite top of the list of "money saving tips that don't save money", but its near.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Is that centra on monread road?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

L1011 wrote: »
    If you don't like stale bread on days 2-5 and are only making for one person, you really save bog all and end up with massive amounts of waste food.
    Its not quite top of the list of "money saving tips that don't save money", but its near.

Not sure where you store your bread, but most bread lasts at least three days. €2-€4 for a takeaway sandwich compared to cents for a homemade. It's people like you that the delis love !!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,792 ✭✭✭✭L1011

tallpaul wrote: »
    Not sure where you store your bread, but most bread lasts at least three days. €2-€4 for a takeaway sandwich compared to cents for a homemade. It's people like you that the delis love !!

By day 3 its rather sub-par at best; unless its preservative laden cheapest softest white crap available.

By day five, any salads you've bought will be past it. Dressings/sauces/etc have a lifespan too and unless you use them in other meals you're going to be throwing out half full containers or using poor product.

I don't enjoy dry sandwiches with wilted veg in them; and if I bought the stuff fresh I'd be paying far more. Actually do the sums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Swans on the green, other side of town, but worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Yes, Swans is probably your best bet, but you will need to hop in a car to get up there. It can be jammers at lunch time. Maybe Urban coffee there beside Lifestyle does them too, but not sure.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Bbq chicken with cheese from Haydes.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Giving it a go

Thanks for the replies.

Would never make homemade sambos. with three kids to get out the door in the morning and cooking for them every evening weekend, my takeaway sambo is a little luxury :)

On a mildy related note, does anyone know anywhere in naas that I could buy dinner dishes eg lasange, chicken dishes that I could buy for a party, tesco havent a great choice, and I dont want to spend a morning cooking

Ta

Harvest kitchen.

• Advertisement

beertons wrote: »
    Harvest kitchen.

Nope they dont do this, thanks for the info tho :)

Balls. I thought they did at one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Thanks for the replies.

Would never make homemade sambos. with three kids to get out the door in the morning and cooking for them every evening weekend, my takeaway sambo is a little luxury :)

On a mildy related note, does anyone know anywhere in naas that I could buy dinner dishes eg lasange, chicken dishes that I could buy for a party, tesco havent a great choice, and I dont want to spend a morning cooking

Ta

There a number of 'home' caterers that will do this. I used one a few months ago for a party and it went down a storm. I can PM you her details if you are interested. She does a wide variety.

Thanks MaxPower that would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Ta
    Have you heard of Gourmet Grub Bakery? The owner is from Newbridge and I think he runs the business between Newbridge and Dublin. It's probably more catering for events, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alwo

Swan's on the Green do whopper sandwiches

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

L1011 wrote: »
    By day 3 its rather sub-par at best; unless its preservative laden cheapest softest white crap available.

By day five, any salads you've bought will be past it. Dressings/sauces/etc have a lifespan too and unless you use them in other meals you're going to be throwing out half full containers or using poor product.

I don't enjoy dry sandwiches with wilted veg in them; and if I bought the stuff fresh I'd be paying far more. Actually do the sums.

You can freeze a slice pan, just take out what u need the night before. Always fresh the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

3 year old sandwiches

• Registered Users Posts: 18 zkevinz

subway

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

Drive to the Centra in Caragh (7mins from monread), on a thursday/friday they have Hot ham straight from the bone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement