Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 13 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The Lions sure do get unmercifully screwed by the refs, don't they? You almost have to laugh.

That facemask call seems ridiculous.

Must catch the condensed version of this tonight on GP, anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Well that was some drama for a Thursday nighter. As someone already said the Pack led for 0:00 of that game and won must be some sort of a record

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Zoton

So the Browns got outBrownsed in cruel losses within a few days.
    That was just a cruel finish. Granted the lions only scored 3 points in the whole second half and really should have closed out the game better, but that was just a horrible ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Zoton wrote: »
    So the Browns got outBrownsed in cruel losses within a few days.
    That was just a cruel finish. Granted the lions only scored 3 points in the whole second half and really should have closed out the game better, but that was just a horrible ending.

Don't forget the other cruel loss against the Seahawks earlier this year, again in primetime. Horrible year all round.
    The Packers have somehow managed in their two games against the Lions, pulled off two low percentage plays; the on-side kick 3 weeks ago (which eventually didn't effect the outcome) & than that Hail Mary last night. How the Lions managed to screw up both situations is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Refs took them for a ride but the story of that game is the defence of the hail mary.

3 rushers but no Ansah, no Megatron deep and 2 flankers waiting for the lateral.

Caldwell should be out of a job this morning. Incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

That was a great game. The Lions, eh? Jesus H!

As a Vikings fan, that game was not good.

After the first half, I was thinking that the Lions are some team when their offence is clicking. But it seems to click for maybe 1 in every 5 quarters. They actually defended very well until they made some really poor decisions in the final quarter.

The Packers' offence looks unwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

SameOleJay wrote: »
    Refs took them for a ride but the story of that game is the defence of the hail mary.

3 rushers but no Ansah, no Megatron deep and 2 flankers waiting for the lateral.

Caldwell should be out of a job this morning. Incredible.

The worst was the positioning of the lads mid to back of the endzone all of them out them "boxed out" by packer players. How much arm strength did they think Rodgers had. Can't recall as clear cut and clean a hary mary catch.

This is cool. Fan view of Hail Aaron

https://www.instagram.com/p/-23JkXJnKl/

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

D9Male wrote: »
    They actually defended very well until they made some really poor decisions in the final quarter.

Speaking of defending, upon reading about all the controversy of the facemask penalty, I had forgotten that rather than a pass play, it was Rogers with the ball during a bunch of laterals with nowhere to go. It was over. He couldn't pass it forward & there was no-one behind him. Taylor didn't need to make that desperate looking tackle. Makes the penalty that was called all the more painful:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭Augme

Was pretty surprised to see Calvin Johnson on the sidelines for the hail Mary. I would have thought that would be an ideal situation for him to play defense.

• Advertisement

Augme wrote: »
    Was pretty surprised to see Calvin Johnson on the sidelines for the hail Mary. I would have thought that would be an ideal situation for him to play defense.

Yeah, same. You'd think they'd call a timeout and get prepared, but yano, Jim Caldwell.

Apparently he said he was expecting a lateral play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

One thing with the call on Rodgers. I can't believe I am going to defend the refs but looking at that play at speed it does look like Rodgers was grabbed in the facemask and unfortunately calls like that can't be reviewed. But what was the lions player doing grabbing him that high. The game is over just make some sort of contact with Rodgers but not up around his frickin head you dumbass. At that speed you are giving the refs are hard call to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭coco0981

Just watched the highlights of the game, some finish. Great scramble and throw by Rodgers, but really poor defense by detroit. All bunched up in the one area of the endzone and only got their heads up at the end when it was too late

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Watch it every week but only from the fan video there do you see how long that TD throw actually is, huge height on it too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭Augme

JCTO wrote: »
    One thing with the call on Rodgers. I can't believe I am going to defend the refs but looking at that play at speed it does look like Rodgers was grabbed in the facemask and unfortunately calls like that can't be reviewed. But what was the lions player doing grabbing him that high. The game is over just make some sort of contact with Rodgers but not up around his frickin head you dumbass. At that speed you are giving the refs are hard call to make.

The reaction has been very OTT. I saw this Vine of the incident posted followed by huge tirade about how terrible the refs were to miss the call. I mean, if you have to use a zoomed in, slow motion shot to 100% confirm there wasn't a facemask then you'd think these people would have some level of cop-on to realise how difficult a call it is to see in real-time. Just because they got the call wrong doesn't make it a bad call in my opinion.

https://vine.co/v/iWPaEYFx1gX

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

TV remote received, position on couch taken, cold beer ready. Time for some football!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

C'mon Vikings....

Pam Oliver looks younger every year.

Let's go Hawks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

turnover?

Ugh

• Advertisement

Bills with the first TD of the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Hoping for a good performance and win by the Giants this week... (Praying and hoping)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Bears looking good defensively so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

What a catch by OBJ

OBJ again... Amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Vikings lose their 2 best players on the first drive. Goodnight

Run Harris run... Booooommm

TD Giants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

This is might be the worst special teams team in NFL history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Worst flag ive ever seen on Brian Robison there. Mindboggling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

my man Bilal

Advertisement