Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Week 13 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Get in!!!

i ****ing love you jordan matthews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

its pretty sad that were 4-7 and I'm giddy about 1 performance

dont understand us running out of bounds right now just leave the clock run

more time to inflict misery on the pats i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

And tonight is why Jones won't be back in NE next year. He'll get decent money somewhere else, but not from the Pats.

more time to inflict misery on the pats i guess

3 tds up and he's thrown 2 picks and brady still scares the **** out of me :(

this is exactly the type of game brady and bb pull out of there ass and shrug it off like it was not big deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭coco0981

Wow, did not see this coming. Goes to show even the patriots with their next man up thing can't just go on losing players

coco1981 wrote: »
    Wow, did not see this coming. Goes to show even the patriots with their next man up thing can't just go on losing players

i think groks always been the key in fairness soon as gronk comes back they are the best team in the nfl as long as he's healthy or nearly healthy they are favs to win the Super Bowl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,605 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Put Garoppolo in, Brady doesn't need to eat more hits in a losing venture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Cam Cannon!

The guy is a howitzer turned man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Watching the patriots game I'm reminded of Oscar Wilde commenting on the old curiosity shop:

One would need a heart of stone to read the death of little Nell without laughing.

Getting interesting now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,265 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

There's life in them Pats yet

They'll win this... :(

We'll have to go into the stand to find a OL at this rate

never count out Touchdown Tom

• Advertisement

And there we go

3 minutes to go, 2 timeouts left. Do you onside kick again?

3 tds up and he's thrown 2 picks and brady still scares the **** out of me :(

this is exactly the type of game brady and bb pull out of there ass and shrug it off like it was not big deal

**** me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

i think groks always been the key in fairness soon as gronk comes back they are the best team in the nfl as long as he's healthy or nearly healthy they are favs to win the Super Bowl

Not really, yes he's important but life has gone on without him in the past. As others have pointed out before, in 2013 Brady got us to the AFC title game with a completely new WR corp and Gronk was injured for all of that season. He ended up having to throw the ball to the likes of Slater, when everyone was banjaxed for that game.

As of last week, he had the worst group of WR's in the league - they had 33 drops, 6 more than any other QB's pass catching group. Then throw in probably one of the worst O lines in the league, who've gone through an NFL record amount tweaking personnel and it's a miracle he hasn't been killed yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Watching the patriots game I'm reminded of Oscar Wilde commenting on the old curiosity shop:

One would need a heart of stone to read the death of little Nell without laughing.

Edit: delete mode.

coco1981 wrote: »
    And there we go

3 minutes to go, 2 timeouts left. Do you onside kick again?

dicey, it's such a low percentage play, I'd trust the D to get the stop

• Advertisement

Big 3rd down for Philly

Just flip off Logan Ryan

Sam Bradyford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I didn't think Eagles would call a pass play.

gah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

big boy throw from Bradford

You can rely on Logan Ryan.
    And by 'you' I mean the opposition.

Vandango wrote: »
    Not really, yes he's important but life has gone on without him in the past. As others have pointed out before, in 2013 Brady got us to the AFC title game with a completely new WR corp and Gronk was injured for all of that season. He ended up having to throw the ball to the likes of Slater, when everyone was banjaxed for that game.

As of last week, he had the worst group of WR's in the league - they had 33 drops, 6 more than any other QB's pass catching group. Then throw in probably one of the worst O lines in the league, who've gone through an NFL record amount tweaking personnel and it's a miracle he hasn't been killed yet.

you sure the pats have the most drops I'm almost certain the eagles top that.

il put it this way with regards gronk i dont think the pats win the Super Bowl without him i think they are faves with him. i know brady got them to the afc title game in 2013 but even with amendola and edelman in that team i felt that they where a different animal if they had gronk in there you saw it in the broncos game the receiving corp got swallowed up (i know brady is more important but the difference is brady goes down and so does the pats season)

i didn't think they would pass it more than 3 yards that may be the first time all season they've actually thrown it past the down marker

Why not? After all, they are playing one of the worst secondaries in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME

Wow... how do you fumble there... madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Eagles fumble...sweet jebus!

It's on now!!

**** you just hold onto the ****ing ball what kind of ****ing idiocy is that ****ing kneel it if you have to **** this game all of a sudden

God, if LaFell could just catch one of those deep shots....

God, if LaFell could just catch one of those deep shots....

He doesn't though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Time to grab a face mask

Thank god!!!

• Advertisement

thank jesus for that

you sure the pats have the most drops I'm almost certain the eagles top that.

il put it this way with regards gronk i dont think the pats win the Super Bowl without him i think they are faves with him. i know brady got them to the afc title game in 2013 but even with amendola and edelman in that team i felt that they where a different animal if they had gronk in there you saw it in the broncos game the receiving corp got swallowed up (i know brady is more important but the difference is brady goes down and so does the pats season)

The only reliable catcher Brady had in that 2013 AFC title game was Edelman and he was gone by the third quarter. So Brady had nobody to throw the ball to in the second half. We lost Ridley with a helmet hit just when the run game was moving well and that was pretty much it. I agree with you, with Brady throwing to a healthy Gronk we become a SB favourite.

But this season, our O line has been so bad that Gronk has has to stay back and do a lot of in line blocking to help them out. So on a lot of plays, that more or less wipes out the advantage of having him on the field.

LaFell needs to carry some of the blame for that loss, giving up on routes, dropping key passes. Needs to pull the ****ing thumb out.

Well done Philly. Pats made a game if it at the end, but those three drops in a row summed up our night.

Vandango wrote: »

pats have 19 in 415 attempts eagles have 24 in 326 before this game (drops)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Who tops the AFC now? Broncos?

• Advertisement

TheDoctor wrote: »

yap and the eagles go joint top of the nfc east with an absolutely hilarious 5-7 they really need to change the rules a bit a genuinely good team is going to miss out because the nfc east is a ****bucket seems to happen every year

edit:by yap i clearly meant nope

TheDoctor wrote: »

Bengals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

Drops were not the only problem today.

- ST fooking murdered us
    - Stupid fooking play calling murdered us
    - The Eagles taking advantage of us playing zone all the time defensively and getting Barner and Sproles on Swing passes and in the flats killed us
    - Tom Brady making some pretty stupid throws deep killed us.

Even with the fight at the end had we fought like that when the game started we wouldn't have had to try the almighty comeback at the end. The better team won today and good Job Kelly and co for winning.

One thing for Eagles fans I would trade away both Bradford and Murray and keep Barner and Sproles if Kelly is kept on. Bradford and Murray are not suited for Zone Read offense.

Awful game to watch. Now to enjoy traffic on the way home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

Probably been mentioned but Tom Brady had the longest catch of all NE WR today with 36 yards. The next catch was Chandler with 30 yards then White with 25 yards.

pats have 19 in 415 attempts eagles have 24 in 326 before this game (drops)

That stat I mentioned earlier, came from the mouth of Cris Collinsworth during the Pats - Broncos game last weekend. Looks like he was a bit off then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement