Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Week 13 Thread

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,605 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

JCTO wrote: »
    Drops were not the only problem today.

- ST fooking murdered us
    - Stupid fooking play calling murdered us
    - The Eagles taking advantage of us playing zone all the time defensively and getting Barner and Sproles on Swing passes and in the flats killed us
    - Tom Brady making some pretty stupid throws deep killed us.

Even with the fight at the end had we fought like that when the game started we wouldn't have had to try the almighty comeback at the end. The better team won today and good Job Kelly and co for winning.

One thing for Eagles fans I would trade away both Bradford and Murray and keep Barner and Sproles if Kelly is kept on. Bradford and Murray are not suited for Zone Read offense.

Awful game to watch. Now to enjoy traffic on the way home.

Some very poor calls, the onside was a terrible decision and the Amendola INT was bad choice by Brady. Those deep shots weren't bad calls imo, in most of the cases, the receiver was open and failed to make the catch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

Some very poor calls, the onside was a terrible decision and the Amendola INT was bad choice by Brady. Those deep shots weren't bad calls imo, in most of the cases, the receiver was open and failed to make the catch.

The Deep shot picked off aimed at LaFell he was between 3 defenders and Brady threw it right to the defender. LaFell was not open and there was other options. In fact Brady over threw LaFell on that pick. Brady has no faith in anyone but Amendola and LaFell so he threw to LaFell

Look at the Int to Amendola he threw it between two defenders to get to Amendola. Brady made bad decisions today that as did our coaches with our play calls. You can't keep throwing deep when your WR are not catching footballs. Those are the hardest throws to make with a full compliment of healthy bodies impossible throws to make with a banged up corp of WR.

The Eagles knew Brady was going to focus on Amendola, LaFell and the lesser extent Chandler and they did a good job taking those options away. The fact as I mentioned Brady had the longest catch on the day sums up our ability to pass deep right now.

Brady is HOF but sometimes throwing deep is something he and the coaches do and you wonder what goes through their heads when the Pats are knowing for beating you underneath and short passes. We haven't thrown deep well since we had Moss last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,605 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I haven't seen a replay of the pick on the throw to LaFell, but I thought LaFell had run a poor/ incorrect route on that. Agree on the throw to Amendola, that looked like a play you'd call for Gronk, not 5' 10"ish Amendola. If Lafell catches the deep shots, it's a different ball game. Enough of them went through his hands for me to say they weren't a poor choice in play calling, just bad execution.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Both teams have a turnover inside a minute, must be a new record.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Good to see Wheaton get in on the act with that TD. James too early in the game before Bryant and Brown took over in terms of receptions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

That pats game could be soul destroying as an Eagles fan
    johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Well I'm hoping for the miracle :D

I got it :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

"using the goalposts as a prop", referee smiling as he said it.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

116:59 overall coming in.

Packers @ Lions
    Texans @ Bills
    Bengals @ Browns
    Jaguars @ Titans
    Jets @ Giants
    Falcons @ Buccaneers
    Ravens @ Dolphins
    49ers @ Bears
    Seahawks @ Vikings
    Cardinals @ Rams
    Broncos @ Chargers
    Chiefs @ Raiders
    Panthers @ Saints
    Eagles @ Patriots
    Colts @ Steelers
    Cowboys @ Redskins

12-4 this week, 128:63 overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,265 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

paulie21 wrote: »
    110-66 on season

Packers @ Lions
    Texans @ Bills
    Bengals @ Browns
    Jaguars @ Titans
    Jets @ Giants
    Falcons @ Buccaneers
    Ravens @ Dolphins
    49ers @ Bears
    Seahawks @ Vikings
    Cardinals @ Rams
    Broncos @ Chargers
    Chiefs @ Raiders
    Panthers @ Saints
    Eagles @ Patriots
    Colts @ Steelers
    Cowboys @ Redskins

13-3. 123-69 on year

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

pats have 19 in 415 attempts eagles have 24 in 326 before this game (drops)

not sure where you got those stats, but this site here has a fairly different record:
    http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2015/

and even at that, it seems to me inaccurate. Lafell had 6 drops in his comeback game, yet including the Eagles game is only listed as having 4.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

although looking here, they have the same stats, so not sure how they are actually awarded a stat of a dropped ball considering after Lafells game he was attributed with 6 drops on the TV graphics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    110-65 overall.

Really unsure of Seahawks/Vikings so I may come back to that one prior to kick off.

Packers @ Lions
    Texans @ Bills
    Bengals @ Browns
    Jaguars @ Titans
    Jets @ Giants
    Falcons @ Buccaneers
    Ravens @ Dolphins
    49ers @ Bears
    Seahawks @ Vikings
    Cardinals @ Rams
    Broncos @ Chargers
    Chiefs @ Raiders
    Panthers @ Saints
    Eagles @ Patriots
    Colts @ Steelers
    Cowboys @ Redskins

12-4, 122-69 overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Although the Cowboys eventually won, when they were in the redzone before McFadden's touchdown why didn't they just take three knees to kill the clock and then kick the FG?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Although the Cowboys eventually won, when they were in the redzone before McFadden's touchdown why didn't they just take three knees to kill the clock and then kick the FG?

That's what they should have done, McFadden really shouldn't have scored the TD as well.

bruschi wrote: »
    not sure where you got those stats, but this site here has a fairly different record:
    http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2015/

and even at that, it seems to me inaccurate. Lafell had 6 drops in his comeback game, yet including the Eagles game is only listed as having 4.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

although looking here, they have the same stats, so not sure how they are actually awarded a stat of a dropped ball considering after Lafells game he was attributed with 6 drops on the TV graphics.

the site i had had different ones again could well be there all bollocks to be honest i think theres a lot of fumbles classified as drops and a lot of drops classified as tipped passes so its probably a hard stat to define but go look at the eagles first 3 games they are absolutely shocking. houston must be brutal altogether because i dont think hopkins has been dropping many the rest must be useless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

D9Male wrote: »
    109-67 coming into the week.

Packers @ Lions
    Texans @ Bills
    Bengals @ Browns
    Jaguars @ Titans
    Jets @ Giants
    Falcons @ Buccaneers
    Ravens @ Dolphins
    49ers @ Bears
    Seahawks @ Vikings