Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Present for Parents, following our wedding

• 02-12-2015 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

So we got married a few weeks ago, and my parents were absolutely brilliant both on the day, and in the lead up, made me realise just how amazing they both are and how lucky I am.

I am have brought them out for dinner and got them a gift after the wedding, but I would really like to get them something special for Christmas, I just can't think of anything good!

My mother is not a bit fussy, would usually get her clothes (chosen herself mainly!), she is not into jewellery or cosmetics/make up at all. Not someone who spends money on herself at all, would prefer to spend on others.

My dad is the same, not a bit fussy on presents, usually just get him a song book (into Irish music), or socks/hat/clothes, that type of thing.

Have previously gotten them tickets for local music venue to see acts they like, just nothing much on there at the moment, and want to get them something different.

Neither of them are big into going away for the weekend, they live in a very rural location so that is not their thing, especially my dad. They did go to a concert before in the Aviva, they stayed with me so maybe something like that would be an idea.

I would love something personal, to mark the year that is in it, and something they will remember. Doesn't have to mad expensive, or indeed can be up to 200, I would just like it to be something special!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

It may have been stuff you're planning to do (or have done?) already, but maybe a really nice picture frame(s) with photos of you and them from your wedding?
    A personalised photo book of your wedding?

I know some people will say it should be done anyway, but if they're not ones for christmas gifts anyway, surely it's the thought that counts.

On a side note, it's lovely you appreciate your parents so much and feel lucky to have them.
    Enjoy every moment you get with them :)

Grand Canal Theatre put on some good shows and musicals. Might be an idea to check them out. http://www.bordgaisenergytheatre.ie/whats-on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

What about a piece of real silver from an antique shop?

Advertisement