Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New road layout beside Marcie's pub

Options
  • 02-12-2015 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what Trim residents think about the new road layout beside Marcie's pub? Twice in the past 2 weeks I've narrowly missed a head on collision with cars, not stopping, when coming from the bridge. I was travelling on the road past Afco but continuing on around towards Steeple Manor entrance. On both occasions I had to slam on the brakes as the cars didn't stop as they're supposed to and assumed that I was going to stop at the light to go over the bridge.

It's only a matter of time before there is a serious crash here.

Personally I don't see the logic of this layout! Maybe I'm missing something, but I would have thought it would make more sense to have the road coming to and from the bridge 2 way and the Stop sign on the other road (sorry, don't know local names of roads) coming from Steeple Manor direction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Andru93

The council mess up this junction quite badly to be honest. The primary flow of traffic is from the Dublin Road going to the Ring Road. Traffic coming from Navan Road is quite small compared to this flow mainly being Newtown Estate, Newtown Business Park, & Afco.

Therefore the Stop sign on both sides of the junction in the current setup are been treated as a Yield sign by most people.

My two cents would be to put the stop sign Navan Road side of the junction. It would be very similar to the junction by the post office on Market Street / Watergate Street.
    If memory serves right this was the old layout of the junction until recently though it was considerable less organized with Marcies Car Park in the middle of it.

Advertisement