Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipad air 2 - restrict games but not apps?

• 02-12-2015 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have an ipad air 2 which my son uses for school .

I'm wondering if there is anyway to block games apps but not other apps?

I can't lower the app restrictions below 12+, or restrict his ability to make app store purchases. I also can't change the iTunes password.

I don't think it's possible but thought I'd chance asking.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Is there not a way to enable restrictions in the parental settings?

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201304

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

Yes I have restrictions enabled. So apps are restricted to age 12+.

I'm trying to work out of its possible to block or restrict games but not other apps. I can't block all apps or restrict access to the app store as he need that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Set up a family sharing account i would suggest and then he would require your permission to download apps? https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201060

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

Can't do that either I'm afraid, he needs to keep his own apple account and password.

Thank you both for your suggestions.

I think what I'm trying to so can't be done in the way I need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

gra26 wrote: »
    Can't do that either I'm afraid, he needs to keep his own apple account and password.

Thank you both for your suggestions.

I think what I'm trying to so can't be done in the way I need.

HE can keep his own account ? He just has to request from you to make purchases ... if you dont agree he cant download

• Advertisement
Advertisement