Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAR Accident the other party denial advice

• 02-12-2015 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

hello all,
    i would appreciate any advice of what to do, it was around 2 weeks ago early morning, i drove my taxi in the bus lane after connoly station, the other taxi driver were in the middle lane, he did not check his blind spot he hit my car and throgh me on the curb, even i bipped him but he never go back, he is affrican taxi driver, so my car cut 2 of those black barriers on the curb.

luckly no one around otherwise been killed, there are public camera but they could not get the footage of it, i called garda and told him there are camera aswell,

i have a video after collision i told him that he hit my car, then he say no you hit me i said how i hit you? how i have been thrown to the curb? he replied i do not know1 i told him yes you do not know because you changed lane and pushed me on the left, he has no reply, i have that on video.

and when the garda comes, he said that i changed to middle lane, but if i did how i end up on the curb? how he ended up stopping in my lane? left lane. and there should not be scratched to my door.

i am really pissed by his lying, i have a solicitor, i have all pics that he stopped in my lane, but if i changed to his lane we both should be ended up in his middle lane.

now his insurance send investigator to check the cause of accident, the investigator told the garage that my car kept do you accept €6000 as repair, and the garage said yes, and the investigator said well we will tell the insurance company its up to them,.

but today i have received a call from my insurance said that the other driver denying it and he blame me, i am really angry, but they did not tell me the result or report of investigator, so tomorrow i will ask for this report also i asked my solicitor to ask for this report.

also i do not know how i claim for court because i want he proof that i was wrong and i will proof he is, he is 100% lying.

any one have any advice or experience please advice, appreciate and thanks.

i am thinking to get independent engineering assessor and with their report and my photo will go to court, i already bought dash cam for future, but this driver must be banned for careless driving, if there were people they been killed.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

The nationality of the other taxi driver is not relevant. What can be proven is relevant. Your solicitor will legally advise, but i would suggest calming down first.

I rarely see taxi drivers use their indicators. Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 zerdesht

Thanks already claimed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Your solicitor and your insurance company will deal with this for you.

I appreciate your anger at what happened. The other driver is actually entitled to claim what he says even though it might be total rubbish ! This happens. You are not the first person treated like this and you will not be the last..

How this works will be explained by your solicitor and your insurers.

Please be very careful to make back up copies of the video that you took.

You have no entitlement to seek to have another driver banned or sanctioned in the context of this accident. The Gardaí who investigated the accident will deal with that aspect of matters.

The other driver may not even be prosecuted. If he is prosecuted you will probably be called as a witness. If so, you will be strictly confined to giving evidence on matters of fact and not opinion.

What you are facing is really messy and annoying. Please try and leave it in the hands of the professionals representing you as that is what they are there to do. Worrying and fretting will not change the outcome.

thanks alot NUTLEY BOY,
    i have third party my insurance wont care that much, but i asked the other driver's insurance to send me a report of engineering investigation team, because i do not care what their driver saying he is lying.

i have appointment today at 4pm with my solicitor, i will tell him i would like to take the case to court see what he advice me, i can proof with my photos, witness, and the damage of my car and his car and he stopped in left lane i have a photo so that should be sufficient, because if i changed to middle lane we both should be on middle lane not on left.

thanks again will be updating, and also i think its good idea to have dash cam for anyone try to avoid such a mess in future, i have one now, but it does not help for my current case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

zerdesht wrote: »
    thanks alot NUTLEY BOY,
    i have third party my insurance wont care that much, but i asked the other driver's insurance to send me a report of engineering investigation team, because i do not care what their driver saying he is lying.

They may tell you the conclusion of their findings, but they will not send you a copy of their report. It is their property and confidential.

• Advertisement

thanks To Elland Back
    i contacted them today they did not give it to me, i met with my solicitor he saud will take long time, but we will work on it, so my next step is to hire independent investigator, he already gave me number of experienced one, to assess my car impact, then i will be fixing the car myself because i have third party once it goes back on the road i will upgrade to full comprehensive, because even its no my fault but insurance company dnt care.

after all, i will be waiting for court or any future requirement, i have all video and photos, i can prove he is wrong, but he can not that i am, also i mentioned he is from africa, because most of them road blocker, reaction driver, not active, many of them sleepy, and on the rank are sleeping, i do not care what everyone else says but that is the truth, all they care is themselves, no regard, for others on the road.

at the end i appriciate all effort and advices here, many thanks and will let you know of out comes in future, but please buy dash cam for around €200 but it saves you lots hastle.

thanks and happy christmas to all.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,740 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Where are you from so I can make broad brush generalisations about personality traits applicable to all people from your place of birth?

I never generalize but for driving i do, because im deallibg wd them every day i always avoid camden st because of them and i know they go slow they look at amber light to stop so customer pay more
    The fact is they dnt know how to drive
    I m from italy i will not discuss anymore about generalizing because i said most of them i ment about 90% also they bring bad habit to ireland they bip every people on the road to getinto their taxi this is begging not a job i saw many time leople get angree wd them when they bip them

I know now why lots people feel uncomfortable to travel wd them, i wont personally

This guy just because his insurance does not go up he lying thats like stealling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭brian_t

zerdesht wrote: »
    they go slow they look at amber light to stop so customer pay more
    The fact is they dnt know how to drive
    You're the one that doesn't know how to drive.
    An amber light means that you must not go beyond the stop line or, if there is no stop line, beyond the light. However, you may go on if you are so close to the line or the light when the amber light first appears that stopping would be dangerous.
    http://www.rulesoftheroad.ie/rules-for-driving/traffic-lights-and-signals/traffic-lights.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement