Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AA screening report

Options
  • 02-12-2015 9:36pm

I currently going through the planning process and the site is close to an SAC. I have been advised to get an AA screening report done. What price would be reasonable for this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Angry bird

How close, who advised, what are you proposing, is there a stream or other direct pathway leading fro your site to the SAC, what's the soil like re drainage etc?

Angry bird wrote: »
    How close, who advised, what are you proposing, is there a stream or other direct pathway leading fro your site to the SAC, what's the soil like re drainage etc?

There is good drainage and its about 500 metres from the SAC that is on the parks & wildlife map. The SAC is based around a river.

I'm not proposing anything just wondering the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Angry bird

I fail to see why you need an AA screening report then due to distance and good drainage unless the site is in a flood zone with potentially a direct route for contents of a septic tank to end up in said SAC. Based on this the Council should be able to screen it out themselves.

Angry bird wrote: »
    I fail to see why you need an AA screening report then due to distance and good drainage unless the site is in a flood zone with potentially a direct route for contents of a septic tank to end up in said SAC. Based on this the Council should be able to screen it out themselves.

Thats what i thought. The Architect said it was required.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

Can I ask what an AA screening report is?

we were asked to do a bat survey and now the ecologist is asking where our aa screening report is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MountainAshIRL

A screening report is pretty basic and will determine if there are any pathways/connections to the sac.
    Are you located close to an sac or spa. Who required you to do a bat survey?

You can find more info here https://www.npws.ie/protected-sites/guidance-appropriate-assessment-planning-authorities

Advertisement