Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNS IP address reverting to static

Options
  • 02-12-2015 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

I used a static IP for my DNS on a work laptop temporarily, and when done I set it back to DCHP.

Somehow when I connect to any WiFi, it's reverting back to the static IP. How can I stop this happning?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

ipconfig /flushdns

Your browser will also cache dns, you'll need to clear the cache there too

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ranjo wrote: »
    I used a static IP for my DNS on a work laptop temporarily, and when done I set it back to DCHP.

Somehow when I connect to any WiFi, it's reverting back to the static IP. How can I stop this happning?

Did you set it for a wired connection? Or both?

In windows IP/DNS settings are per interface, so you have to chage it twice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

Ranjo wrote: »

What OS?

Advertisement