Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First gaming pc help

Options
  • 02-12-2015 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello all, hoping some of you could give me some advice! I'm hoping to buy a used pc to see if I enjoy pc gaming. I've found one and I'm wondering what fps I could expect from it.

How would it cope with games such as Arma 3, Rust, Ark, Bf3/4?

Computer Specs:

Graphics Card- ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB

Processor- AMD FX-6350 Six-Core 3.90 Ghz

Ram- 8GB (2x4)

Hard Drive- 1TB

Motherboard- M5A78L-M USB3

Power Supply- 600W

Operating System- Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit (Clean)

LED- Red

If I do buy it, What would be the first thing you would recommend upgrading to improve performance?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Its a fairly entry level PC. Should be fine for a lot of games, whats the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 seagull50

It's up for 370, Could probably get it for 350.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Fairly good for €350, you could upgrade the GPU straight away for about €250 to an R9 380 or a GTX960 for a little less.

Depends on budget, but GPU wouldbe my first upgrade, CPU should be okay for a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Realistically that is a very good PC for €350. The GTX660 is decent, faster than a GTX750Ti for comparison.

You could sell the 660 for about €100, then buy a GTX960 for €220ish.

Advertisement