Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting files from employer.

Options
  • 02-12-2015 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I made a request under the data protection act for all files and records held on me by my employer. They sent stuff that I mostly have already, but there's stuff missing.
    How do I go about getting the rest? There are 2 specific things that I know of that are missing.
    Also any idea on how to word it (I used the standard text from the data protection website)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

beanie. wrote: »
    I made a request under the data protection act for all files and records held on me by my employer. They sent stuff that I mostly have already, but there's stuff missing.
    How do I go about getting the rest? There are 2 specific things that I know of that are missing.
    Also any idea on how to word it (I used the standard text from the data protection website)

Under some standing, your employer doesn't have to hand over documentation that may be considered privileged, only a solicitor can clarify this not a poster here. That said, if they have held on to documentation mentioning yourself and it's not privileged then they are in violation of the data protection act and can be used against them if a case arises

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭beanie.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Under some standing, your employer doesn't have to hand over documentation that may be considered privileged, only a solicitor can clarify this not a poster here. That said, if they have held on to documentation mentioning yourself and it's not privileged then they are in violation of the data protection act and can be used against them if a case arises
    It's stuff that I'm fairly confident is not privileged, but will confirm with my solicitor. Thanks for your help.

Advertisement