Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast Harbour Police - Recruitment Campaign 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

Never had any points on my license but am being super super careful not to wrack any during this period. Would just be a headmelt having to deal with that I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Tackleberry1

Homer i didnt put everything on my form, any lapsed points that had been cleared from my licence i didnt see the need to include as theyre no longer relevant.. I had 9 points at one stage... Oops...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Homer i didnt put everything on my form, any lapsed points that had been cleared from my licence i didnt see the need to include as theyre no longer relevant.. I had 9 points at one stage... Oops...

Has your vetting passed? Must admit you're a braver man than I. I literally included every point I've had dating back over 15 years :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Tackleberry1

Yeah all passed and just waiting for the call. If its cleared from your record they cant use it against you. To be fair though i didnt think i was taking a risk but now you mention it i probably was lol lucky i suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭rndj

Hey guys,
    Anyone that applied, have you had a response yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭letsdoit2013

rndj wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Anyone that applied, have you had a response yet?

Not a thing man

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Foxy4970

Also applied - nothing heard.

Anyone got an idea of timescales etc?

Or numbers sought?

Or numbers sought?

Foxy4970 wrote: »

Or numbers sought?

Last time they were only taking two officers on; not sure this time around.

I decided to give it a miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Homer01 wrote: »

Or numbers sought?

Last time they were only taking two officers on; not sure this time around.

I decided to give it a miss.

Same here, was tempted to try for it, but realised that the PSNI is the only job I will leave my current job for.

• Advertisement

FOI request answered today states they are seeking 3 cons.

FOI request answered today states they are seeking 3 cons.

I wonder if they are growing or losing people to PSNI and others.

Retirements most likely. Mostly ex psni currently in it and unsure if there is a possibility of a psni transfer.

Retirements most likely. Mostly ex psni currently in it and unsure if there is a possibility of a psni transfer.

So far, I've passed the online assessments and have an interview next week. Fingers crossed

Sorry for the old post - but was this conducted by police officers or externals agency?

Cheers

F

The interview was with the chief officer of the harbour police.

Just got a 'sorry you have not been successful' email.
    Funny how these things work, made it all the way to interview last time round, my application was pretty much a carbon copy of the last one but I didn't meet the criteria this time.
    Well I have my PCA coming up for PSNI soon and the harbour police were always my second choice anyway.
    Still disappointed not to have the option though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Just got a 'sorry you have not been successful' email.
    Funny how these things work, made it all the way to interview last time round, my application was pretty much a carbon copy of the last one but I didn't meet the criteria this time.
    Well I have my PCA coming up for PSNI soon and the harbour police were always my second choice anyway.
    Still disappointed not to have the option though.

That's what happened me too, had interview first time round and then last year got the sorry email. PCA soon too and to be honest I'm glad I never got in there. PSNI is the real goal for me. I never applied for BHP this time

Received an email inviting me to online tests this morning

Congrats letsdoit. Hopefully you have better luck than I did.
    For me now the focus is on PCA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 redsox101

Congrats to you guys who made it to the next stage I got my Dear John this morning from the Harbour Police.

It seems to be just luck at times with these recruitment processes! I put in for the Fire Service full time back in 2013 got to the practical testing at Boucher and passed but my application didn't meet the criteria.

Give it another go there for the recent intake and I didn't even make it past the situational judgement testing! I know of a few other people who are retained current NIFRS and they haven't made the cut either.

Congrats letsdoit. Hopefully you have better luck than I did.
    For me now the focus is on PCA.

Thanks mate I'll update on here if I get past online questionnaires. Sitting in the waiting room for 1509 with 61 AC so fingers crossed for that! Just beast the cardiovascular and you'll be grand for PCA !

redsox101 wrote: »
    Congrats to you guys who made it to the next stage I got my Dear John this morning from the Harbour Police.

It seems to be just luck at times with these recruitment processes! I put in for the Fire Service full time back in 2013 got to the practical testing at Boucher and passed but my application didn't meet the criteria.

Give it another go there for the recent intake and I didn't even make it past the situational judgement testing! I know of a few other people who are retained current NIFRS and they haven't made the cut either.

Thanks redsox it's definately a strange one alright applied before with a very similar application and wasn't successful that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 meeky

If anyone is still following this thread and has experience do you know if the harbour police is a long drawn out process like the PSNI or do things move a bit quicker?

Also while I'm here, what kind of nonsense was that work strenghts questionnaire? I hope that is more of an advisory tool for recruitment rather than an actual stage you can fail on.

Just got word today that I passed the initial work strengths questionnaire and have been invited to complete further online tests involving verbal, numerical and error checking

Just got word today that I passed the initial work strengths questionnaire and have been invited to complete further online tests involving verbal, numerical and error checking
    Got the same myself. Just completed the tests and fairly certain I made a horlicks of the numerical part. If you haven't done them yet I'd recommend using an actual calculator rather than trying to use the windows calculator on the same computer your doing the test on. This would probably be obvious to most but evidently not me!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 wonkyempresso

Hi, new to this here. How did people that completed the online assessment find it? Anyone have an idea of when we will find out how we got on?

Hi, new to this here. How did people that completed the online assessment find it? Anyone have an idea of when we will find out how we got on?

Hi Wonkyempresso I found it very similar to the PSNI's IST only online. BHP one less challenging I thought though? How'd you find it man?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 wonkyempresso

Just found the timings quite tight going and the Maths section didn't go great but that wouldn't be my strongest point. No point worrying about it now though, just a waiting game to hear back. Checking emails constant!

• Advertisement

I had a bit of a mare on the maths bit (as mentioned above) so I'm not holding out much hope. I'm not sure my heart is in this application as I have a nice job at the minute so I won't be too upset if I don't progress.

9-5 with flexi time and easy work vs shift work with night shifts and the rest = maybe the grass is green enough over here.

Advertisement