Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nobody home?

Options
  • 02-12-2015 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭

I locked my 365online account by accident, entered my pin wrong twice. So I looked online for a solution and I see I should call 0818 365 365 and they'll unlock it for me over the phone with a few security questions and they are open till midnight.

Sounds great except when I call I'm left on hold for 30 minutes until I finally get sick of it and hang up. Why advertise this service when there's no one there to pick up the phone.

Waste of time and money. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭BabySlam

Completely agree with you.  These automated answering machines are an abomination.  

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

BabySlam wrote: »
    Completely agree with you.  These automated answering machines are an abomination.  
    If I knew I had to wait until the morning and call then I would have, that would be fair enough since it was my own fault. But if they are telling us the service is available until midnight then there should be someone there to pick up.

I see lots of post on this forum complaining about the phone service, all they get is a copy and pasted response saying your feedback will be passed on to the relevant team.

I see the complaints process involves going to the branch (open from 10 to 4), writing a letter or calling the same number with no one at the other end. Sounds like a worthwhile endeavour. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Good Morning EGriff, 

Thanks for getting in touch with here on Boards.ie

We are sorry to hear that you experienced a long wait time last night. As your query involves account access, regrettably I can't help you here. If you are still locked out of your account and need to speak to someone, I would be happy to arrange a call back. If you do need one please PM me your name, contact number and branch where you opened your account. 

Click on my signature below to send me a PM.

Thanks, 

Evie 

Advertisement