Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog minders in/near Cork (homes, not kennels!)

• 02-12-2015 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all, does anyone know of nice dog minders in/near Cork who take dogs in to their homes, as an alternative to kennels? Our usual minder has just cancelled on us, we've flights booked, and have nowhere for our little fur-kid to stay for a week. :(

He's a very emotional affectionate fellow, and a kennel might traumatize him irreparably! That might sound daft, but even our minder says she would never put him in a kennel!

PM me if you don't want to post up details.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bluejelly

Check out AA doggie camp in Rylane (Facebook page). Siobhan keeps her doggie guests in her home..... it is a holiday camp for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭boardsy

Thanks, will look into that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Did you get sorted out... Yeah some dogs would just not suit kennels.. Where are you based

Yes, thanks, AA doggie camp looks great and Pawshake.ie seems like a good service as well.

But after contacting a few people, our original minder got back to us and can take him again now! :) All sorted.

Yeah great news... It is so hard trying to find a good place... Normally family take our chap but like that when they are away we are stuck and we would not put her in a kennel.. Best of luck with the holiday now have a great time

• Advertisement

Milly, this is my regular minder:

https://www.facebook.com/housedogscork

She's in Carrigaline and takes the dogs into her home, with her other dogs, kids and husband - she's fantastic, our dog loves it there! :)

oh the link doesn't work but ill try google

sorry tis working looks loverly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Hi hope ye don't mind me jumping in here. Is it ok to ask what kind of money this service costs for a week. Have something coming up shortly and mine wouldn't do kennels either.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bluejelly

Hi hope ye don't mind me jumping in here. Is it ok to ask what kind of money this service costs for a week. Have something coming up shortly and mine wouldn't do kennels either.

I pay 15 euro a night per dog for AA doggie camp. I know there is a lady in coachford who charges 10 a night & keeps them in her home too but I don't know what it's like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

bluejelly wrote:
    I pay 15 euro a night per dog for AA doggie camp. I know there is a lady in coachford who charges 10 a night & keeps them in her home too but I don't know what it's like.

Cheers thanks for that

Advertisement