Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid face Copa expulsion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

And the Spanish FA have already had to expel a lower-league team this season for doing the same. If it's true that he should have been suspended, they'll have no choice really. Unless they try to weasel out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Good man rafa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

its real madrid they would be afraid to expel them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

tastyt wrote: »
    Good man rafa

I doubt it's his fault.

Stuff like that shouldn't be under his remit.

irishgeo wrote: »
    its real madrid they would be afraid to expel them

They fielded an illegable player rules are rules.

Why does the report say real Madrid could be expelled. He either played or he didn't

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

All academic , Barça have everything won anyway for the next 5 years minimum ..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

Going by the article it seems Cadiz would have to report them first. I have a feeling they'll decide not to.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Augme wrote: »
    Going by the article it seems Cadiz would have to report them first. I have a feeling they'll decide not to.....

Have apparently announced they will do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Justice needs to be done here, they have to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Cadiz have to formally complain first. They've tweeted that they'll lodge a formal appeal. This could be Benitez's second club to be eliminated from the competition!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I have no doubt the LFP will take action.

They will award Cadiz a 2-0 win for last night. Real will easily overturn this at the Bernabeu and progress.

LFP will have been seen to have taken action, Real move on. Everyone will be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

gimmick wrote: »
    I have no doubt the LFP will take action.

They will award Cadiz a 2-0 win for last night. Real will easily overturn this at the Bernabeu and progress.

LFP will have been seen to have taken action, Real move on. Everyone will be happy.

3-0 is the default punishment score isn't it?

3-0 is the default punishment score isn't it?

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Bullplop rule though, considering he picked up the suspension with a previous club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

keano_afc wrote: »
    Bullplop rule though, considering he picked up the suspension with a previous club.

A suspension is a suspension. It happens in all leagues across the world :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

kingtiger wrote: »
    Pique is such a moron

How come?

He's not just a Barça player, but a Barça fan.

The moron here is whoever missed this at RM.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Suarez picked up his ban at one club but served it at another.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Pique is such a moron

Pique is a legend.

• Advertisement

Pique is such a moron

He's a Barca fan, it's only normal he takes the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Pique is a legend.

Anyone who uses that amount of emojis in a tweet is a moran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

dan1895 wrote: »
    Anyone who uses that amount of emojis in a tweet is a moran.

Didn't realise you could tell Irish heritage based on emoji use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Florentino Perez has come out and basically said: No one told us, we didn't know, this isn't our fault.

Cadiz' next opponent have posted this. The guy in the picture is one of their players that is suspended :pac:

https://twitter.com/Merida_AD/status/672450252285345792

SantryRed wrote: »
    A suspension is a suspension. It happens in all leagues across the world :confused:

I think its ridiculous that the suspension carried over to the new club. I think you misunderstood my post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I think its ridiculous that the suspension carried over to the new club. I think you misunderstood my post.

But its standard stuff, even across leagues. e.g., Joey Barton moved to France and served the FA suspension he'd got for his actions for QPR in the Agueroooooo game.
    Its not just unique to this case.

More mundanely if a team signs someone in January who has a 1 game ban for 5 yellows then they'll have to serve it before they can play for the new team. It may or may not be 'ridiculous' but its been the known and accepted rule since like forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

That damn fax machine again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Suarez is surely the obvious example, cost Barca a lot of money but couldn't play him til November for something he did before joining them.

I think it's perfectly sensible. Changi g clubs shouldn't mean you escape punishment.

• Advertisement

Quite a difference between what Barton and Suarez did compared to a one game suspension for accumulated bookings though.

Carrying a suspension across seasons is a bit daft, but it happens in cup competitions all the time. Certainly in Europe.

Its not quite LOI levels of craziness though where Keith Fahey picked up enough yellows for a ban while playing for St Pats. He transferred to Shamrock Rovers in the close season. First game was SPA Vs Shamrock. Fahey was suspended against the team with home he got the ban for!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I reckon red cards should carry over (domestically if picked up domestically) but bans for an accumulation of bookings should not.

I also think picking up a suspension in one country should not carry to another country; such as in the Barton case - though I think that was fairly unique in terms of the ban being applied in a different country and it had to be specifically requested by the English FA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

The punishment should follow the player - why should it not?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Saadyst wrote: »
    The punishment should follow the player - why should it not?? :confused:

Exactly, and besides, it's not like it's a new rule or anything and is common amongst many countries. Teams getting punished for bad planning isn't a bad thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

He was only on loan to Villarreal at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

They've been kicked out apparently. Dead right too, if it was any club other than Madrid or Barca there'd have been no debate. Amateurish mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Suarez is surely the obvious example, cost Barca a lot of money but couldn't play him til November for something he did before joining them.

I think it's perfectly sensible. Changi g clubs shouldn't mean you escape punishment.
    No it's not because Suarez was banned from football for four months not for a number of games along with a 9 International match ban.

This is about bans from different leagues being served in another league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

eagle eye wrote: »
    No it's not because Suarez was banned from football for four months not for a number of games along with a 9 International match ban.

This is about bans from different leagues being served in another league.

Every single team was notified by the LFP back in July of which players carried a ban. Every team has a person or team dedicated to check this (normally the Delegate).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Wouldn't get away with this on Football Manager :pac:

Booted out

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/35010228

Shambles from Madrid. How this can happen at a top professional club is mind boggling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Fantastic stuff. Perez embarrassed again

Advertisement