Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Number26/N26 Mastercard/Account now for Irish Residents

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭user1842

[font=calibre-medium, calibre-light, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]FYI from N26's FAQ:[/font]
    [font=calibre-medium, calibre-light, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Incoming transactions[/font]
    [font=calibre-light, HelveticaNeue-Light, "Helvetica Neue Light", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Once you have activated your new N26 Mastercard in the app, you will see your new N26 IBAN. From this point on, your new IBAN is active, and you can start receiving incoming transfers at N26 Bank.[/font]
    [font=calibre-light, HelveticaNeue-Light, "Helvetica Neue Light", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]If one of your payment partners still has your old NUMBER26/Wirecard IBAN on record, that s no problem: We will keep this account open to receive incoming transfers for another 21 days after your card activation. Incoming transfers on that account are automatically forwarded to your new N26 account.[/font]
    [font=calibre-light, HelveticaNeue-Light, "Helvetica Neue Light", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Once your old NUMBER26/Wirecard account will be closed after 21 days, payments to your old IBAN will bounce back to the sender.[/font]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

I was on a wait list for this, received the email today to sign up

Half way through sign up entering my address to post the card to, I get an error saying unable to resolve address and I am unable to continue

Anybody know is there a trick to it or?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thayes

I had the same problem with the address field. I phoned the German support Number (English option is available). The issue seems to be related to a check they do on an address with google maps.
    The solution, use an address (family or friend) that works so that you can get through to verify your identity verified. Once identity is verified and the account is setup you can then phone back and support will manually enter your correct postal address.
    Hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,707 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Missed the initial sign up last year but have now got the account open, seems a great challenger to Irish banks

Can anyone confirm, even tho the first year is free, does the monthly charge cover all expenses e.g. DD, ATM etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

First year is free? My understanding was that once you had an account opened and a new mastercard requested before 30th november (activated 20th Dec) that it was free for the forseeable future? But yes all DD/ATM are free, the only fee for now is the €5 annual card charge as opposed to the 12c per ATM transcation that should be implemented in it's place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,707 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

cefh17 wrote: »
    First year is free? My understanding was that once you had an account opened and a new mastercard requested before 30th november (activated 20th Dec) that it was free for the forseeable future? But yes all DD/ATM are free, the only fee for now is the €5 annual card charge as opposed to the 12c per ATM transcation that should be implemented in it's place.

I read it as the first year, the €5 charge is a government levy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

fritzelly wrote: »
    I read it as the first year, the €5 charge is a government levy

Should be 12c per withdrawal up to a maximum of €5. So if I make 2 withdrawals in a year I should be charged 24c.

N26 are ignoring this and charging the full €5 regardless of how many withdrawals you make.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭prmcnamara

Is there any way to get the free MasterCard now? If you sign up now you go onto the waiting list and probably won't get in until December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

bertie4evr wrote: »
    fritzelly wrote: »
    I read it as the first year, the 5 charge is a government levy

Should be 12c per withdrawal up to a maximum of 5. So if I make 2 withdrawals in a year I should be charged 24c.

N26 are ignoring this and charging the full 5 regardless of how many withdrawals you make.
    Considering there are no other fees and the single charge it makes it easier for them to collect the money, I am okay with 5euro per year.
    I will save that on one foreign currency purchase alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

How long has it taken for replacement cards to arrive for people here? It's been almost 2 weeks and still no sign in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Still waiting 2 weeks now...

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

prmcnamara wrote: »
    Is there any way to get the free MasterCard now? If you sign up now you go onto the waiting list and probably won't get in until December.

There is a way. I'll PM you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,147 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Savman wrote: »
    Still waiting 2 weeks now...

I haven't received my new card yet either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Got my new card this morning. Its smokey clear rather than totally transparent. But rather fetching.

Got my new card this morning. Its smokey clear rather than totally transparent. But rather fetching.

When did you order it?

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Bit like the bank sometimes!

Amirite? :pac:

When did you order it?

I got the email about the option to transfer it on 5th November and I actually done it on the 6th November.

I was keen to make sure it was registered by 30th to make sure it remained free.

I got the email about the option to transfer it on 5th November and I actually done it on the 6th November.

I was keen to make sure it was registered by 30th to make sure it remained free.

Gotcha. Looks like mine will be here next week so.

Just noticed that the new IBAN and BIC are no longer printed on the card. I found it quite handy to have there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Just noticed that the new IBAN and BIC are no longer printed on the card. I found it quite handy to have there.

They are printed on the back on the top left, or at least on the black card it is

Biz card arrived today, IBAN & BIC printed on the rear.

Not on the back of the normal "free" card. Not a disaster, but certainly not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Joe Hill

Card received and transfer over done

All good

Account number seems to the same after the Transfer so the only thing changed is the Sort code or first half of the IBAN.
    N26 must've taken the simplest option, it now starts with
    DE22 1001 1001

Easy to remember anyway!

Savman wrote: »
    Account number seems to the same after the Transfer so the only thing changed is the Sort code or first half of the IBAN.
    N26 must've taken the simplest option, it now starts with
    DE22 1001 1001

Easy to remember anyway!

They went all binary here, mine is DE11 1001 1001

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

jester77 wrote: »
    They went all binary here, mine is DE11 1001 1001

The two digits after DE are check digits that will vary for each customer depending on the rest of their IBAN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Is the limit I can pay someone in England €10,000?
    Hoping to buy a car there next week and trying to figure out best way to pay for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭prmcnamara

When did you sign up?

Hardly news, more just stating what people already knew regarding the delay in cards.
    They're having a tough time with the transfer, that's for sure.

It was a frustrating wait and a bit of hassle changing IBAN etc., but once you are on the other side it's business as usual.

In fact transfers seem to credit faster to N26 (same day) than via Wirecard (next day), I may just have been lucky today tho :cool:

Update: An N26 transfer sent to Irish account at 1pm today was received by 5pm. Good stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Early indications are that N26 Bank is using a new offer by the German Central bank to connect to the SEPA transaction network which means that they have fast transfer times both in and out while Wirecard used a secondary system.

In addition it means that the last booking times are 2000 h German time and hence there is a greater chance that the money arrives same day even if it's coming from outside Germany.

Early indications are that N26 Bank is using a new offer by the German Central bank to connect to the SEPA transaction network which means that they have fast transfer times both in and out while Wirecard used a secondary system.

In addition it means that the last booking times are 2000 h German time and hence there is a greater chance that the money arrives same day even if it's coming from outside Germany.

This is fantastic news. My employer sends money from BOI account by 3pm on a Friday, every now and again I was getting it on Saturday, but usually it was the Monday or even the Tuesday before I received it into my N26. So if it goes in on the Friday I will be over the moon.

And as to sending, it looks right now (and again this is going to change and just a snapshot) that N26 is using 2 main sending windows for funds transfers out of accounts which are 1000 and 1500 German Time.

Unfortunately they don't use the 0800 windows for transfers done after the last window of the previous day so if you do initiate a transfer somewhere after 14:40 German time it might only be booked by the receiving bank the next day mid-day while anything before that might be booked the same day if the receiving bank is cooperating and booking correctly.

The only bank in Ireland which is as fast is KBC, so a transfer KBC/N26 and visa versa should be the fastest. Not tested yet, but in theory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Hi all

New to this and looking to create a bank account for ebay/etsy sales so I can have everything in one place. Ive read over a good few pages and everything seems in order and legit. What I cant understand is which acccount to go for The N26/N26 Black or Business one (I cant see much of a difference on their website). What are the main differences here? Any help is much appreciated and I hope Im not missing the basic info somewhere. Thanks in advance

It's a bit dumb that they put the NFC symbol on the back of the card, or at least on the black card.

Every single place I go puts it in the machine because they don't see the symbol.

jester77 wrote: »
    It's a bit dumb that they put the NFC symbol on the back of the card, or at least on the black card.

Every single place I go puts it in the machine because they don't see the symbol.

Why do you hand your card over? I haven't come across anywhere that still does this in a long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Amouar

Why do you hand your card over? I haven't come across anywhere that still does this in a long while.
    I was going to say the same thing!

90% of the places I go have their payment device behind the counter. Starbucks is the only place that I can think of that has it on the customer side.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Never hand your card to someone else!

Hi all

New to this and looking to create a bank account for ebay/etsy sales so I can have everything in one place. Ive read over a good few pages and everything seems in order and legit. What I cant understand is which acccount to go for The N26/N26 Black or Business one (I cant see much of a difference on their website). What are the main differences here? Any help is much appreciated and I hope Im not missing the basic info somewhere. Thanks in advance

N26 Standard
    Free account/card if you are lucky enough to be on the waiting list, otherwise it's going to be 2.90€ a month for the Mastercard while the account is free. Use of non € ATM is 1,7% of withdrawal .

N26 Black
    5.90€ a month for which you get a shiny black world debit card and no fee for non € ATM withdraws together with some limited insurance products.

N26 Business (beta)
    Free (and by the looks currently no fee for the mastercard beside the 5€ yearly fee they created to cover stamp duty). Also gives no fee for non € ATM withdraws. Also gives 0.1% cashback on Mastercard transactions. However you can not do foreign currency transactions via transferwise.

So really it depends on your need and how you are doing your Irish Taxes for your selling. A separate business account might be beneficial for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

N26 Standard
    Free account/card if you are lucky enough to be on the waiting list, otherwise it's going to be 2.90€ a month for the Mastercard while the account is free. Use of non € ATM is 1,7% of withdrawal .

N26 Black
    5.90€ a month for which you get a shiny black world debit card and no fee for non € ATM withdraws together with some limited insurance products.

N26 Business (beta)
    Free (and by the looks currently no fee for the mastercard beside the 5€ yearly fee they created to cover stamp duty). Also gives no fee for non € ATM withdraws. Also gives 0.1% cashback on Mastercard transactions. However you can not do foreign currency transactions via transferwise.

So really it depends on your need and how you are doing your Irish Taxes for your selling. A separate business account might be beneficial for you.

This is why Im looking for another account so I know exactly whats being earned and spent, right now its a mess. I was thinking an AIB or BOI but get charged massive quarterly charges as it is. Credit Union was another idea but cant check much online there. N26 seems to be best option as I prefer to have everything online, cheers for the feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭pasquale83

McGaggs wrote: »
    I'm not going back there, they were shockingly bad.

KBC

Need to do a tranferWise but it says I must transfer my account to new account.
    I have done this already but it is looking for my new card number which I don't have yet.
    gave an hour waiting on the phone trying to get through to support.
    Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

The Sunday Business Post have an article on N26 today, nothing really new in the article other than:
    - N26 say that the number of Irish customers that they have is on a par with the number of French customers despite the different size of the market.
    - Pre-paid card on the way.
    - Currently working though the backlog of waiting list Irish customers.

Anyone else can't use transferWise??
    Need to pay someone a large amount of money by Wednesday and can't?
    Really stuck here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Are the rates offered by Number26 black the same as revolut for international ATM and POS transactions? If I have the N26 Black card could I get rid of the Revolut?

blade1 wrote: »
    Anyone else can't use transferWise??
    Need to pay someone a large amount of money by Wednesday and can't?
    Really stuck here!

As the rates should be the same you get with transferwise directly, why not try it that way or look at an alternative provider?

• Advertisement
Advertisement