Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Number26/N26 Mastercard/Account now for Irish Residents

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

Looks like N26 is finally complying with the law regarding stamp duty tax:
    Hey Nicolas,

This is a brief confirmation that based on your cash withdrawals in 2016, we have successfully collected the €0.6 stamp duty tax from your account (12ct per withdrawal).

For further information about the stamp duty tax please refer to our price list or section 123B and C Stamp Duties Consolidation Act 1999 (as amended by Section 62 Finance Act 2015).

We hope you continue to enjoy your account in 2017!

Your N26 Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Mine taken aswell... 24c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

yeah they took 60c from me. Amazed I used the ATM 5 times even though this is my main bank account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

N26 wrote:
    This is a brief confirmation that based on your cash withdrawals in 2016, we have successfully collected the €0.12 stamp duty tax from your account (12ct per withdrawal).

just as well they didn't try the fiver, I think I've only got about 30c in my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Full fiver for me, didn't make a difference in the end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

12c for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Bhangraman wrote: »
    Looks like N26 is finally complying with the law regarding stamp duty tax:

All that fussing over nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Amouar

12c for me too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Anyone know how long it takes for a PayPal transfer to N26?
    I thought it was only two days but today was day four.

11214 wrote: »
    Anyone know how long it takes for a PayPal transfer to N26?
    I thought it was only two days but today was day four.

Weekends don't count

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

fbradyirl wrote: »

The fussing got them down from €30 to charging the right amount...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

bertie4evr wrote: »
    fbradyirl wrote: »

The fussing got them down from €30 to charging the right amount...
    Sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Bob24 wrote: »
    Question on purchases made in foreign currencies: is their a way to see the original amount in the payment currency from the app?
    I just made my first purchase in USD it seems like only the vendor name and euro amount are showing.

Most banks I've been with before would include the amount in the transaction description.

And btw the way if what instantly shows up on the app is the final amount, the exchange rate is even better than expected (it is lower the the amount given by Google's currency converter which I find strange)

To answer my own question here: you need to wait a little bit and the app will start showing the original foreign currency amount (as well as a note saying the euro amount is only an estimate can slightly change when the transaction is cleared).

For reference it gives me a rate of 0.9345 EUR per USD for a transaction made on Monday, which seems fair as on xe.com the rate that day fluctuated between 0.928 and 0.932.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Paradicia

Requested a password reset for my N26 Account but it wouldn't take the Zipcode I had inputted after I followed the link, despite me having the Zipcode I registered with up on my phone in account summary of the N26 App. Anyone have this problem before? Also still waiting on my card. It's been 7 days since I verified my Passport on videochat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Try your Eircode I had the same issue with trying DublinXX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Paradicia wrote: »
    Requested a password reset for my N26 Account but it wouldn't take the Zipcode I had inputted after I followed the link, despite me having the Zipcode I registered with up on my phone in account summary of the N26 App. Anyone have this problem before? Also still waiting on my card. It's been 7 days since I verified my Passport on videochat.

Yup, had this same problem. I rang them and it seems to be an issue they are having, I've a support request open with them about it and they said they are trying to fix it, I imagine it's a bug they're trying to fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Yes just got it sorted. Eventually. Its ridiculous. Im not sure if they have to go in and manually enter a new one for you. Id keep on at them if i were you though. It took a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Also still waiting on my card. It's been 7 days since I verified my Passport on videochat.

My standard N26 MasterCard took 2 weeks to arrive. I've ordered a Black one and they say it be here in 5 days so I'll see if its quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Yes just got it sorted. Eventually. Its ridiculous. Im not sure if they have to go in and manually enter a new one for you. Id keep on at them if i were you though. It took a while!

Still waiting on mine too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Delta2113

http://compare.consumerhelp.ie/CurrentAccountDetail.aspx?i=880 - very surprised but nice to see N26 show up on this the best list on the Net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Hi all,
    I cant see it anywhere else and I am only getting started with N26 but ....
    ...Is the only way of getting money into my n26 account is through a bank transfer?
    There are no top-up options like there are for the Revolut card?

Hi all,
    I cant see it anywhere else and I am only getting started with N26 but ....
    ...Is the only way of getting money into my n26 account is through a bank transfer?
    There are no top-up options like there are for the Revolut card?

You have to do a bank transfer. No way of lodging money by card to this bank account.

Delta2113 wrote: »
    http://compare.consumerhelp.ie/CurrentAccountDetail.aspx?i=880 - very surprised but nice to see N26 show up on this the best list on the Net.

[rant]

Good for N26, but quite ironic from the same CCPC which is supposed to help people when Irish businesses are refusing to accept direct debit mandates for bank accounts located outside of Ireland, but doesn't do anything to help :-s (maybe they should give a warning on their website that for example N26 will not work for people to setup a DD to top-up their Leap card as the NTA won't accept a German bank account, and that no-one will help consumers have the right they given by EU legislation enforced in Ireland).

[/rant]

But yes beside my complain it is interesting to see them added. Being listed on an official government consumer advice website which many people will surely review will most likely give them a lot more exposure and legitimacy with potential Irish customers than they have been getting with a discussion board like this one or a few intermittent newspaper/online articles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

For those who had canceled previously and could not sign up again because e-mail and/or mobile phone are still the same and hence got rejected, good news. N26 have done a cleanup, you can now sign up again with the same e-mail and/or mobile phone number if you want to go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭pasquale83

For those who had canceled previously and could not sign up again because e-mail and/or mobile phone are still the same and hence got rejected, good news. N26 have done a cleanup, you can now sign up again with the same e-mail and/or mobile phone number if you want to go back.

was that a company policy? why they were not allowing previous customer to sign up again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

German rules I think.
    pasquale83 wrote: »
    was that a company policy? why they were not allowing previous customer to sign up again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its probably just a bad bit of transactional code in their site. The DB cant allow a single number/email to be used twice so if the cancel process doesnt go back and undo its entries the DB thinks you exist thus cant register but you dont have an active account.

bertie4evr wrote: »
    German rules I think.

unusual rule :)

ED E wrote: »
    Its probably just a bad bit of transactional code in their site. The DB cant allow a single number/email to be used twice so if the cancel process doesnt go back and undo its entries the DB thinks you exist thus cant register but you dont have an active account.

that would be a silly root cause. counterproductive for a company!

• Advertisement

Nothing to do with rules, even if most German banks won't allow to re-open an account once you closed one with them because they don't want people to constantly move between banks. But that is their business model not a rule per se.

In this case it simply was that once the move to N26 Bank has happened the old closed Wirecard accounts were supposed to be purged so that customers can re-use the same data they did before.

As "ED E" said, it was N26 databank which had problems. They now have purged the data so that you can re-use the same data.

Nothing to do with rules, even if most German banks won't allow to re-open an account once you closed one with them because they don't want people to constantly move between banks. But that is their business model not a rule per se.

In this case it simply was that once the move to N26 Bank has happened the old closed Wirecard accounts were supposed to be purged so that customers can re-use the same data they did before.

As "ED E" said, it was N26 databank which had problems. They now have purged the data so that you can re-use the same data.

understood. so if I close my N26 account and want to reopen one in the future I cannot do it, correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,726 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Does anybody here use this as their day to day bank? How do they find it? Do wages come in on time as expected? Do direct debits go out on time? Anything notably annoying that doesn't work?

Does anybody here use this as their day to day bank? How do they find it? Do wages come in on time as expected? Do direct debits go out on time? Anything notably annoying that doesn't work?

Only thing seems to be is some sites don't allow the IBAN or rather don't recognise it for DD or transfers

understood. so if I close my N26 account and want to reopen one in the future I cannot do it, correct?

The German in me wants to provide a Radio Jerewan answer to that.

In principle you are right, however you could use a different e-mail and mobile phone number and it might go through.

Also giving that N26 is this ever evolving beast, nobody knows if in a couple of month they do not find a way to allow the same data set to be used again.

Right now, anybody who had an account while they used wirecard can now open an account with the same data set because they finally stop using the wirecard data set.

There are some Irish Companies which refuse to take non Irish IBAN numbers for direct debit and the regulator does not care about it.

Some companies will require you to fill out a paper mandate for a German IBAN number which is without the guidelines of SEPA.

Have a look at this post which has experiences in it:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99555331&postcount=74

There are some Irish Companies which refuse to take non Irish IBAN numbers for direct debit and the regulator does not care about it.

Some companies will require you to fill out a paper mandate for a German IBAN number which is without the guidelines of SEPA.

Have a look at this post which has experiences in it:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99555331&postcount=74

I've had issue with using the debit card in An Post to buy prize bonds and with leap card. I'm planning on hounding leap card and transport for Ireland with emails in the coming weeks.

I'm planning on hounding leap card and transport for Ireland with emails in the coming weeks.

Good luck with that! (I mean it and not making fun of you - you are right to complain - but after years of trying to get the NTA to comply with SEPA regulations their capacity to give excuses, make promises, or ignore me while never fixing anything alongside the inadequacy of the their regulator made me give up).

I just double-checked, the first email I sent to the Leap Card customer care was in December 2014 and after insisting and explaining their actions were illegal they eventually said non-Irish account where under test and would be useable within a few months.

Any other request I have sent since them has either been ignored or received an exact copy and they replied with an exact copy and paste of their previous message (each time they say it will be available in 3 months time ... and it's been over 2 years!).

Good luck with that! (I mean it and not making fun of you - you are right to complain - but after years of trying to get the NTA to comply with SEPA regulations their capacity to give excuses, make promises, or ignore me while never fixing anything alongside the inadequacy of the their regulator made me give up).

I just double-checked, the first email I sent to the Leap Card customer care was in December 2014 and after insisting and explaining their actions were illegal they eventually said non-Irish account where under test and would be useable within a few months.

Any other request I have sent since them has either been ignored or received an exact copy and they replied with an exact copy and paste of their previous message (each time they say it will be available in 3 months time ... and it's been over 2 years!).

Tempted to write a script that will send them emails everyday about it from a different address until they get the message.

• Advertisement

Tempted to write a script that will send them emails everyday about it from a different address until they get the message.

I suspect you will just get the same following answer to all your emails (this is the canned answer they have been sending at least since 2014):
    Thank you for contacting us.

The National Transport Authority (the NTA) are responsible for the Leap Card integrated ticketing scheme. The auto top-up facility is a recently introduced feature that was initially made available via an online application for Irish bank account holders because there is a dependency on the ability of the customers bank to display a specific code to auto top-up applicants, without which signup cannot be completed.

Although it was always to extend the facility to all SEPA reachable bank accounts once the operation of this facility had reached steady state, there is a challenge with regard to paper mandates that has to be resolved. Furthermore, NTA is not in a position to guarantee that all non-Irish bank account holders will be able to see the required signup code and therefore it is possible that many non-Irish bank account holders may not be able to successfully sign up to auto top-up.

However, I am happy to say that notwithstanding these issues, NTA is currently at an advanced stage of planning to integrate all SEPA reachable bank accounts and expects to complete this process within the next 3 months.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

But definitely keep us informed on the SEPA issues thread linked earlier if you get better results!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 levingout92

Where can i find the sort code for N26?, looked on the website and can't seem to find it.

Where can i find the sort code for N26?, looked on the website and can't seem to find it.

There is no more sort codes (since SEPA).

All you would need for a transfer is the IBAN and possible because some banks are a little behind also the BIC which is NTSBDEB1.

I've had issue with using the debit card in An Post to buy prize bonds and with leap card. I'm planning on hounding leap card and transport for Ireland with emails in the coming weeks.

AnPost is because their merchant bank does not see the card as a debit card but rather as credit card.

That despite the card being issues as such. All their merchant bank needs to do is ensure they use the right BIN provider. That should be fixable.

And as to NTA as Bob24 says:
    I suspect you will just get the same following answer to all your emails (this is the canned answer they have been sending at least since 2014): ...

They still (years later) send out the same canned response despite the info clearly being wrong, there is no difference in transmitting the code depending on the receivers country, it's all the same in SEPA.

Good luck with attempting to argue with them about this, even the CCPC does not care despite clearly being the responsible agency.

oh right, I'm working for a big company and want to get my wages paid in N26 and the company is asking for my IBAN, BIC and sort code.

oh right, I'm working for a big company and want to get my wages paid in N26 and the company is asking for my IBAN, BIC and sort code.

IBAN is in theory all you need since November, but sometimes banks are slow in implementing rules, so the BIC might also be needed.

Sort code does not exist anymore, I assume your payroll department is re-using an old form or something or this is for people with UK bank accounts.

IBAN/BIC should be enough for your payroll department, just like it would be with Irish Bank accounts.

• Advertisement

IBAN is in theory all you need since November, but sometimes banks are slow in implementing rules, so the BIC might also be needed.

Sort code does not exist anymore, I assume your payroll department is re-using an old form or something or this is for people with UK bank accounts.

IBAN/BIC should be enough for your payroll department, just like it would be with Irish Bank accounts.

It's not a form it was just what she told me i needed, yea payroll is in the uk for us, thanks for the info will let them know.

They still (years later) send out the same canned response despite the info clearly being wrong, there is no difference in transmitting the code depending on the receivers country, it's all the same in SEPA.

Good luck with attempting to argue with them about this, even the CCPC does not care despite clearly being the responsible agency.

I've sent a few emails so will wait until I get a response. Next time I'm in a bad mood I'll start pestering them all with emails and tag along Shane Ross as well for the craic.

I've sent a few emails so will wait until I get a response. Next time I'm in a bad mood I'll start pestering them all with emails and tag along Shane Ross as well for the craic.

Good Luck, keep us update (either here or on your nice blog).

I love it when other people are also pestering these people living in the stone ages like I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

It's not a form it was just what she told me i needed, yea payroll is in the uk for us, thanks for the info will let them know.

I get my wages paid to N26 from UK payroll. They just had to add N26 to the list of banks on the drop down list for me to update my details online.

AnPost is because their merchant bank does not see the card as a debit card but rather as credit card.

That despite the card being issues as such. All their merchant bank needs to do is ensure they use the right BIN provider. That should be fixable.

Yes that one is actually pretty strange. The card clearly says Debit MasterCard and if I input the first 6 digits of my card (535584) here, it doest say the card type is debit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement