Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Number26/N26 Mastercard/Account now for Irish Residents

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

prmcnamara wrote: »
    Is there any news on when Android Pay is coming to N26? What's taking it so long?

If I am not mistaken the only mobile payment announcement they have made is their plan to introduce Apple Pay in Italy in the coming months.

Fairly disappointing for what is meant to be a cool start-up bank which is only mobile based and which is meant to offer newer technology and better reactivity compared traditional banks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

€10 I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

N26 Insurance coming soon*

*Germany only, like everything else new :rolleyes:

Has anybody had any luck signing up to Energia with N26? I'm hit with the bulls*it 'ROI only' on the DD details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

bertie4evr wrote: »
    N26 Insurance coming soon*

Oh nice :)

I've over a dozen insurances, hard to keep track of them all. The robo-advisor solution sounds too good to be true.... I can't wait to check it out and see what it can deliver. This could be the tipping point feature they need to truly break into the mass market.

Yes the focus seems to be more on rolling-out new services in Germany that deploying existing ones elsewhere or fixing existing issues :-s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Did everyone give them their PPS number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭lehe8707

Suckit wrote: »
    Did everyone give them their PPS number?

I did.... I didnt see a reason not to...

I have been using it quite a while now. I even have my salary paid directly in. I use the Black service.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

lehe8707 wrote: »
    I did.... I didnt see a reason not to...

Likewise.

Quackster wrote: »
    Likewise.

Same here.

As far as I understand it is now a legal requirement for them to collect that information. So I assume if someone refuses to provide it they will eventually close the account.

Thanks, it was not that i was refusing to, i had just completely forgotten about it, and i remembered a few people were questioning it when asked, so i was wondering if everyone gave it in the end.

I'll do it now. I presume i can do it in the app?

Edited. That was painless :D

Done.

• Advertisement

Are all of these conditions being forced upon them, or are they opting to slowly control all of this?
    It seems that every time i look at this thread they have a new policy or something has been removed/added.

It seems you have to close your account if you move to one of the countries where they do not operate.

That's actually annoying. To my knowledge once you have an account open with then regular banks don't impose that kind of restriction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 irishsetter

Someone can help me about this, I need to put my tax number ppsn or I could use different tax from the another country like UK

Someone can help me about this, I need to put my tax number ppsn or I could use different tax from the another country like UK

What’s the question? Maybe reword it as it’s not completely clear.

You provide PPS number in Ireland.
    Or the relevant identifier depending on your registered address on your Revolut card

What’s the question? Maybe reword it as it’s not completely clear.

You provide PPS number in Ireland.
    Or the relevant identifier depending on your registered address on your Revolut card

My question is I have obligation to provide the Irish tax number , or I could use another tax number , my card are registered in a Irish address

• Advertisement

My question is I have obligation to provide the Irish tax number , or I could use another tax number , my card are registered in a Irish address

If registered in Ireland you will need to provide your Irish PPS.

If you have a tax number/ref from another supported country you would have to change the addess you have for Revolut - this might cause you other issues though as thay may need proof of the new address etc etc

If registered in Ireland you will need to provide your Irish PPS.

If you have a tax number/ref from another supported country you would have to change the addess you have for Revolut - this might cause you other issues though as thay may need proof of the new address etc etc

So it's mean the Irish gov can track what I have another country ? I don't get why I should put tax number in a bank that operate in another country , Monese don't ask for Irish tax number

So it's mean the Irish gov can track what I have another country ? I don't get why I should put tax number in a bank that operate in another country , Monese don't ask for Irish tax number

I think its eu anti money laundering laws or something.

Whats the issue though? Just give it. Its not a consipracy 😀

I think its eu anti money laundering laws or something.

Whats the issue though? Just give it. Its not a consipracy 😀[/quote

Lol , ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Monese will ask you for your tax number very shortly, the UK are also bound by the agreements to collect this.

It is in indeed so that the account can be reported to the relevant authorities in which you are resident for tax purposes.

You can learn more about it here:

EU Rules: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32014L0107

OECD: http://www.oecd.org/tax/exchange-of-tax-information/

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

What about people whose tax residency is in another country (UK for example) but they are living in Ireland (students for example, who have been registered to N26 with the Irish address)?

This is possibly what irishsetter is asking to know.

cefh17 wrote: »
    Has anybody had any luck signing up to Energia with N26? I'm hit with the bulls*it 'ROI only' on the DD details

Just wanted to say, shoutout to User1842 for helping immensely in replying back to Energia quoting the necessary regulations and whatnot (I've no clue really..) and Energia saying it was a mistake and to send on the N26 DD details. Small win for the little guy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭thebackbar

Has anyone been able to get bord gais to accept a direct debit from a n26 account ?

thebackbar wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to get bord gais to accept a direct debit from a n26 account ?

Yes, someone did:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99555331&postcount=74

However you can't do this online, you need to download the form and post it to them:
    https://www.bordgaisenergy.ie/docs/publications/direct-debit-mandate/BGE-NG-POME-0514_(BGSE040)_NG_GAS_POME_SEPA_6pp_Secure.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,730 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Slightly OT - anyone seen the An Post new current account offerings - not cheap - charge you to deposit or withdraw money at the post office! Very late to the party

fritzelly wrote: »
    Slightly OT - anyone seen the An Post new current account offerings - not cheap - charge you to deposit or withdraw money at the post office! Very late to the party

Just had a quick look. It also feels like too little, too late to me. I'm not even slightly interested.

Leveraging their existing network of post offices to offer cheap banking with physical locations could work though as it would maximise the usage of their premises. They just need to do better.

Orange Bank in France looks like they have a better way to leverage their existing premises to me. Their initial offering seems pretty similar to N26 with free banking and a good app which can handle most things. But as an added benefit some of their landline/internet/mobile shops will double as branches for the banking service so that you can physically to the bank of you want/need to. The overhead for them is quite limited as they already have a huge network for shops, and compared to N26 it will give them better reach potential customers and roll-out additional services faster (for exemple they are planning to offer mortgages which might requires to physically meet the customer at leat once).

Bob24 wrote: »
    Orange Bank.

Actually Orange Bank project is on hold, they only serve employees of Orange right now and the commercial launch has been postponed.

Actually Orange Bank project is on hold, they only serve employees of Orange right now and the commercial launch has been postponed.

Ah yes I knew it was in testing phase with employees but I had missed the recent announcement saying they have decided to delay the launch.

Still looks promising on paper though (I'd say their standards for customer service are much higher than what N26 has done in its first years of existence as they want to protect their status in France as a fairly premium brand in the telco maket, so it probably makes sense to delay if there are potential glitches whereas a startup company would have gone for it anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

fritzelly wrote: »

It is the worst deal on the market.
    - 70 EUR fee per year.
    - 60 cent fee per ATM withdrawal.
    - 90 cent fee per non-EUR transaction AND 3.0% FX fee.

Extortion versus the offers from the banks.

Apple Pay coming to Spain. More "innovation" coming to other markets later this year.

Apple Pay coming to Spain. More "innovation" coming to other markets later this year.

I don't understand why they can't simply deploy it in every supported country. Surely once there infrastructure is ready for one country all it takes is flicking a switch to bring it to the other ones. Is it that they have to sign a different agreement with Apple for each country.

Bob24 wrote: »
    I don't understand why they can't simply deploy it in every supported country. Surely once there infrastructure is ready for one country all it takes is flicking a switch to bring it to the other ones. Is it that they have to sign a different agreement with Apple for each country.

I think that's it exactly - Apple negotiates the fees for each country per bank.

• Advertisement

It's not a requirement as such, but depending on where you moved to the regulatory burden might be to high for them to support your account.

Example: USA (Patriots Fools Act etc.)

If you move to a country in which they don't do business they have the right to close your account according to their Terms & Conditions.

So they are within their rights to close your account, even if you are within the EU area for example. The only way around that would be that you move to their basic account (which cost a monthly fee and is restricted) as part of the EU bank account mandate. That is if you are within the EU.

Is it a requirement under German law if an account holder moves to a non supported country that the account must be closed? N26 are now continually hassling me by email to close my account.

N26 say they have software which can detect such accounts and will automatically close them if detected.

Do I get it right that you have moved to an unsupported country and they detected it without you telling them and new want to close your account?

While I understand the rational from their perspective, it could be fairly annoying (especially since their are clearly among at a demographics which tends to me more geographically mobile than average). I can of like the option to keep a bank account in the long term even if I move, and most regular banks I came across would have no problem with that.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Used contactless in Tesco today and was asked to show ID to verify identity, insert card into terminal and sign a slip rather than enter my PIN. First time that's happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I contacted them to ask if I could move my address to another country. They said no. Then the email barrage began. Funny thing is I never identified myself on the call and never gave my account number. I was not asked my name or address.

I am still in the EU just not in a country they do business. Now I do have relatives in Ireland where I can receive mail. I see no harm in leaving the account as it is.

I have been living in UK the whole time I have had my N26 account, like you I have a family address at home.
    I submitted my UK and Irish tax details a couple of weeks back.
    I've never heard a peep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭Elessar

Send An Post an email on Customer.Services@anpost.ie with the name of the post office. They were able to sort it out for me very quickly. Maybe the update didn't get pushed through to your local post office.

I sent them an email last week. They just told me to contact my bank :confused:

N26 card still not accepted in their Swords branch :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

I couldnt get cashback on my card in a shop where i was able to get cash back a month ago. It only failed on the machine. No message on the app.

Wanted to contact Customer Support but I cant find the chat option there used to be. There is no contact us part. The help articles are of no use.

Can anyone tell me how to get customer support now?
    There used to be chat options...

I couldnt get cashback on my card in a shop where i was able to get cash back a month ago. It only failed on the machine. No message on the app.

Wanted to contact Customer Support but I cant find the chat option there used to be. There is no contact us part. The help articles are of no use.

Can anyone tell me how to get customer support now?
    There used to be chat options...

Weird. Although I've only tried cash back in one location and it's worked for me all the time.

Umm I think I've never had success contacting support from the app. I've done it many times from the website. Although I guess you could use you're phones browser and request the "desktop" version of the site and try there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Amouar

Weird. Although I've only tried cash back in one location and it's worked for me all the time.

Umm I think I've never had success contacting support from the app. I've done it many times from the website. Although I guess you could use you're phones browser and request the "desktop" version of the site and try there

Do they charge stamp duty for cashback?

Amouar wrote: »
    Do they charge stamp duty for cashback?

I have never noticed. All I see is "merchant €xx.xx"
    Total being whatever I was buying plus my cash back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Where did you find support on the website? I found it once months ago but couldnt find anything last night.

Yes, i am wondering today was it how the transaction was put into the card reader?
    I have the impression there is a cashback amount option and a transaction amount? I suppose that is down to how the individual puts it in?

• Advertisement
Advertisement