Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gleann Na Ri / Druids Valley , Cabinteely

• 03-12-2015 1:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on what its like living in this estate ?

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

It's a nice quiet estate. Mainly populated by professionals and some young families. Within walking distance there is a nice cafe, a Subway sandwhich shop, a gym and a local shop. There are also a couple crèche's. The estate is well maintained.

It is ideally suited for travel, being located between the M50 and N11. There are plenty of buses into town along the N11 as well as the Aircoach. Having the Luas station only a few minutes walk away is extremely handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 eiremom

Hi,

We are planning to rent a house in this estate. We visited few houses recently.
    I've a few queries about the area :

1. Storage : Looks like they don't have separate storage space, wondering how families manage without them ?
    2. Boiler : Also in one of the houses, we saw the boiler was more than 6ft tall, are these old kind of boilers (I'm wondering if its the same kind of boiler in other houses in the estate as well) ?

3. Also would like to know if the communal area and people are kids friendly.

It'll be nice if someone can share their opinions.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

I know it's 3 years old but I'm just wondering if you moved into Gleann na Ri and do you like it. Reason I ask is that a property has come up for sale and I am interested in the area as it's convent for work. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 eiremom

hawkelady wrote: »
    I know it's 3 years old but I'm just wondering if you moved into Gleann na Ri and do you like it. Reason I ask is that a property has come up for sale and I am interested in the area as it's convent for work. Thanks

Hi hawlelady,

Yes, we did move into Gleann na ri. We do like it, its not very posh area, at the same time we didnt have any problems from the neighbours. Its quiet and nice. In the summer, we were surprised to see some small community events too for kids. I personally havent heard about any house breakins in our area, but presumable it has happened before we moved in. I would recommend to anyone.
    Hope my message is not too late, sorry for the delayed reply.

Regards,
    eiremom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Irng22

Hi, was looking for any info about Gleann na Ri as we are considering moving there. Would be nice to have any recent feedback from residents. Are there many families with children? The apartment we looked at is on the side facing Cherrywood development, is there a lot of noise from the construction? Any info on when the shopping center or at least a supermarket will open in Cherrywood? Any other feedback greatly appreciated, thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement