Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Redmi Note2 13MP front back 5MP

Options
  • 03-12-2015 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

http://eud.dx.com/product/xiaomi-redmi-note2-otca-core-4g-bar-phone-w-5-5-wi-fi-13-5-0mp-2gb-ram-16gb-rom-gray-844406470

Here is a great phone for Christmas and shipped from the Netherlands and your phone cannot be stopped by Irish customs officers.

Just don't order hoverboards ha

Xiaomi is a interesting company they release very few of these phones and people buy them up which makes people want them and then they end up being sold out.

Now these phones and all phones are installed with bulk-ware and you will have to tinker with them to remove.

Do leave a comment underneath if you do buy one its a sweet phone to buy for some or yourself this Christmas.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Anyone have one of these ? Do they stack up well to the likes of the current HTCs/Samsungs?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭zeromemory

Waiting for mine to arrive

Here is the status at the moment

2015-12-01 15:59 The item is at the PostNL sorting center

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Cracking value but how do you know it ships from the Netherlands?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Soarer

Very interesting.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the phone in the OP and this identical one to my eyes?
    I can't see any difference except the €20 difference in price.

murphm45 wrote: »
    Cracking value but how do you know it ships from the Netherlands?

Don't know actually but I ordered mine from aliexpress and this is it's journey so far.

2015-11-30 17:36 The item is at the handover point from freight carrier to PostNL
    2015-11-30 02:28 The item is ready for shipment
    2015-11-28 19:26 The item has left the originating country
    2015-11-28 14:40 The item has arrived in the transit airport
    2015-11-27 20:00 The item is received by the shipper in the originating country
    2015-11-27 03:17 The item is pre-advised
    2015-11-26 02:38 The Item is at the shippers warehouse

• Advertisement

zeromemory wrote: »
    Don't know actually but I ordered mine from aliexpress and this is it's journey so far.

2015-11-30 17:36 The item is at the handover point from freight carrier to PostNL
    2015-11-30 02:28 The item is ready for shipment
    2015-11-28 19:26 The item has left the originating country
    2015-11-28 14:40 The item has arrived in the transit airport
    2015-11-27 20:00 The item is received by the shipper in the originating country
    2015-11-27 03:17 The item is pre-advised
    2015-11-26 02:38 The Item is at the shippers warehouse

Hmmm interesting but this suggests it could be coming from China and will be caught by your friendly neighborhood customs officer

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Tweej

Very tempting due to the double sim slot and cheapness.

Will this run on all networks?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Just a word of warning, as far as I know EU Direct with Deal Extreme still ship from China, they just use a European postal partner for faster delivery, so you would still be liable for tax if stopped by customs.

Soarer wrote: »
    Very interesting.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the phone in the OP and this identical one to my eyes?

As far as I know there are 2 versions of the 16GB.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-2-4G-FDD-LTE-GSM-Mobile-Phone-MTK6795-X10-Octa-Core-5/32455806291.html

Soarer wrote: »
    Very interesting.

There seems to be a few but the main one that caught my eye was the dearer one has a 2.2 gig processor while the cheaper one had a 2 gig one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Soarer

murphm45 wrote: »
    There seems to be a few but the main one that caught my eye was the dearer one has a 2.2 gig processor while the cheaper one had a 2 gig one.

Shoulda spotted that. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

I got mine from here: http://www.honorbuy.com/44-xiaomi-redmi-Redmi 2 which ship directly from an EU warehouse. I don't know how the prices stack up against others but the phone is quite nice. I have to get rid of a load of pre-loaded stuff but nice

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

How would it stack up against a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TheNewMe

From the overview:

Network Type2G,3G,4GBand Details2G: GSM B2/3/8; 3G:TD-SCDMA B34/39; 4G: TD-LTE B38/39/40/41Data TransferGPRS,HSDPA,EDGE,LTE
    TD-SCDMA and TD-LTE are used in China and not here in Ireland. If it was me I'd try and confirm it will work with 3G and 4G here before shelling out the spondoolicks.

The same phone model (but with 32GB) on gearbest shows the following network support:
    Network:
    2G: GSM 900/1800/1900MHz
    3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz
    4G: FDD-LTE 1800/2100/2600MHz

Me : I bought a Mlais Mx Base from Gearbest a few weeks ago - it does 2G,3G and 4G in Ireland and ships from within Europe if you choose the EU warehouse option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Can you run Stock Android on this? I don't have too much faith in the MiUI6 or whatever it's called, the only thing that put me off buying the Redmi 2 (2gb version)

So CPU speeds can go to 2.2GHZ Helio X10(MT6795T) 1.83-2.2GHZ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Would be interested in this as I'm about to pull the trigger on the SU6. Both similar price

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

There is no stable asop ROM for this phone yet. Miui is the oñly fully working ROM at present. Cm12 is available but battery life is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

TheNewMe wrote: »
    From the overview:

Network Type2G,3G,4GBand Details2G: GSM B2/3/8; 3G:TD-SCDMA B34/39; 4G: TD-LTE B38/39/40/41Data TransferGPRS,HSDPA,EDGE,LTE
    TD-SCDMA and TD-LTE are used in China and not here in Ireland. If it was me I'd try and confirm it will work with 3G and 4G here before shelling out the spondoolicks.

The same phone model (but with 32GB) on gearbest shows the following network support:
    Network:
    2G: GSM 900/1800/1900MHz
    3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz
    4G: FDD-LTE 1800/2100/2600MHz

Me : I bought a Mlais Mx Base from Gearbest a few weeks ago - it does 2G,3G and 4G in Ireland and ships from within Europe if you choose the EU warehouse option

From http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_2-6992.php
    2G bands 900 / 1800
    3G bands 2100
    4G bands 3(1800), 7(2600)

So for 2&3 g, fine for all networks.
    But for 4g, not great for any other provider other than 3Ireland who mostly use 1800 as it was a cheap frequency to purchase. Band 20(800),the most expensive frequency was bought by Vodafone and O2, but as 3Ireland own O2 you would think it should benefit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

3Ireland use 800 in rural areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The Redmi Note 3 is out now too although difficult to find, slightly better spec with not much of a price difference

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

I've had the original Note since July 2014 and love it. Next phone will be Note3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    I've had the original Note since July 2014 and love it. Next phone will be Note3.

Have you spotted it in stock anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Just in case anyone is still looking at this, I bought this model in Hong Kong a few days ago at the official Xiaomi store for 1099 HKD. I wanted to buy it there so that Google Play was installed and it would not be customised to China. I'm impressed with it so far. It's a little big for my preference, but performance seems decent.
    I live in China so haven't got to check it if works with 3g/4g at home. Actually would be good if anyone in Ireland could tell me if it works.
    Anyway works ok here so won't affect me that much if not.
    I had a very cheap android phone before and this does feel like a step up. If someone told me to guess the price, I probably would have said double what I paid. The dual sim is something I've never had before and probably the main benefit is that I have a safe place to keep my sim from home! Nah, I know there's more to it than that.
    But yeah, I don't think you could go wrong for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

cashback wrote: »
    Just in case anyone is still looking at this, I bought this model in Hong Kong a few days ago at the official Xiaomi store for 1099 HKD. I wanted to buy it there so that Google Play was installed and it would not be customised to China. .

What rom is running on it then?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

What's the GPS like? That's the only think that puts me off mediatek devices. The GPS doesn't lock on at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

What rom is running on it then?
    What's the GPS like? That's the only think that puts me off mediatek devices. The GPS doesn't lock on at all

Rom wise, I believe it's sort of a Xiaomi version of Android Lollipop, but honestly I'm not that great at the specs so there's a screenshot attached, might make more sense.

GPS, I haven't got to test much yet. I don't use google maps that much as it's blocked in China but this evening when I did actually turn on my VPN, it seemed to pick my location up fine, but I didn't really check that it followed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

GPS is spot on for me anyway not like earlier mediatek chips

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Yeah I want to know this.

Advertisement