Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Direct Problem

Options
  • 01-12-2015 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

I ordered and received a pair of Everlast runners ON 15 September 2015. After 2 months the stitching on the right side of the right shoe tore and is leaking as a result. I contacted them and they asked for photographic evidence of same which I duly provided.
    I was then told it was "wear and tear". Surely the damn shoes should last longer (without any abusive treatment!!) than 2 months.
    Any suggestions on how to pursue??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

If the runners failed prematurely and the seller won't compensate you voluntarily then your only option is pursuing a case through the Small Claims Court. However looking at the SD website most Everlast runners are in the €20-€27 price range so imo it's not worth pursuing as the SCC will cost you €25 which you can't claim back and it could take months for a case to be settled. You could try complaining again and even threaten them with the SCC or you could contact Everlast and see if they will do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

slimjimmc wrote: »
    If the runners failed prematurely and the seller won't compensate you voluntarily then your only option is pursuing a case through the Small Claims Court. However looking at the SD website most Everlast runners are in the €20-€27 price range so imo it's not worth pursuing as the SCC will cost you €25 which you can't claim back and it could take months for a case to be settled. You could try complaining again and even threaten them with the SCC or you could contact Everlast and see if they will do anything.

Fairly sure that the Everlast brand is now owned by SD similar to Lonsdale, Sondico, Dunlop etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Ordered from Sports Direct earlier this week and got a text yesterday from DHL that said the delivery address is incomplete. They didn't put a house number on the parcel.

Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭webpal

I paid 7.99 for postage and the dhl website is saying that its still sitting in someones van. far too slow for the money being paid for postage

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posts split out from old thread and moved to a new thread.

Posters - please post to address the OP's issue.

dudara

• Advertisement
Advertisement