Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modular homes for Wellview

Options
  • 03-12-2015 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭

Just read on David McGuinness FB page that they are planning on putting 17 modular homes into Wellview estate.

No real objections here, from a resident of the estate, but would prefer them to build just regular homes!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I can't really see where they are going to go. There is a lot of green space there but it needs major development to go from green space to a housing development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Here according to cllr mcguinness. If you know wellview it is at the front of the estate where you come in just on the left hand side. A small tight space I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Will 17 houses and garden areas even fit there? Ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I doubt it very very much and now it's jumped to 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Azrel

As usual these modular houses are only being built in low socio-economic areas because apparently there's no "suitable sites" in Dalkey or Blackrock. I am in favour of social housing so long as it's evenly spread around the city/country. You just have to walk around that area on Halloween night to witness the current problems with the area, this is just going to make it worse. Controversial I know but that's my honest opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Should build normal housing. Stupid these temporary house at 100k each. That would go along way to building à two/three bed home

• Registered Users Posts: 24,076 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Its true, 10 permanent family size dwellings for the price of 20 modular units, including the design, planning and services. Crazy.

Advertisement