Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Alarm recommendations

Options
  • 03-12-2015 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for a company to install a house alarm for a 4 bed semi? Money is tight so I am on a budget. Any ideas of prices or companies who people in the city/county have been impressed with?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Have used JEC for both mine and my mother's house and was very impressed with their service.

However, and I can't stress this enough, get a quote for the system you want from JEC (they are good to talk through your options) and then go away and get a quote for the same system from other companies.

This will ensure you can haggle with JEC and get the best price possible from what I found to be very reliable installers.

Others may have a completely different opinion on this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

Tripwire are really good. Local company too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

Tripwire sound bunch of lads all locals. highly recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Whoever you choose do not get the ones with the batteries in each of the sensors. They are a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭ilovetorun

I know each case is different but how much roughly did you pay for it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

ilovetorun wrote: »
    I know each case is different but how much roughly did you pay for it?

I know someone who recently paid 750 for an alarm system. It consisted of 3 pir 4 contacts and obviously the keypads bellbox internal sounder and main board. It is a really good system the HKC brand. Pretty much the best out there. All done by JEC and the installation is top notch with every cable hidden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

David Walsh of VIP Security 0879290571
    Great value
    Incredible support service even three years later.
    Anyone I referred to him has been satisfied, too.
    I was referred to him by a friend who was happy!

Advertisement