Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

text from +353873700700

• 03-12-2015 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

proporting to be from my bank. Just wondering if this is legit or not. Asking me to text Y or N to confirm a bill. The bill is not ringing any bells. Can't get through to bank.

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%2B353873700700

It's AIB, however if there's a link in the message I wouldn't go to it, contact your bank to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BlueLass

proporting to be from my bank. Just wondering if this is legit or not. Asking me to text Y or N to confirm a bill. The bill is not ringing any bells. Can't get through to bank.

What do you think?

Google the number, if in doubt do nothing, delete the message and wait until you speak to real person in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭molly dolly

It is a legit number. Just confirmed with the bank. Very strange though to use a text. But do ring back. My card has been used illegally. So its on stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

AIB are really on the ball on that stuff!

Am very relieved to be in agreement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Poor you. This happened to me last year and it is a horrible feeling.

could be worse! At least it was copped. Inconvenience at worst having no card for weekend which is minor in overall scheme of things.

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

http://personal.aib.ie/text-alerts has the info from AIB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Were they able to tell you if you if the fraud happened online or in the shops? Do you know if your verified by visa etc password was used. Depending on the circumstances I would advise you to run a good virsus scanner/spyware scanner on your computer.

will do!

• Advertisement
Advertisement