Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Tipple

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Mad rich stuff!
    It is. I love it poured over ice. God it is freaking delicious.

So chocolatey and delicious.

I can't stand regular Baileys, but this one is fabulous.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've got some delicious coffee this year ordered from Hasbean.co.uk (http://www.hasbean.co.uk/collections/top-sellers/products/el-salvador-finca-argentina-estate-washed-bourbon) It's absolutely gorgeous. Expensive treat but worth it.

As for le alcohol, I've been a year brewing my own beer at home so I have a ruby red ale which I shall be sampling tonight... for science.. Yes... science. This will most likely be my session beer if you will.

I usually enjoy a nice glass of red wine with dinner but since I'm the only one who drinks red wine, it might get a bit dangerous. :pac: Might stick with white this year. We usually start of with Prosecco to go with our starters of salmon and home made brown bread.

I do also love Jameson, ginger ale and a slice of lemon over ice. De-lish.

Bailey's over ice is a perfect treat especially after a filling meal and serves to empty the stomach before the leftover sandwiches that evening with a cup of tea.

I think... I think I might have a problem. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Eggnog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I'm on crutches and very strong painkillers so my usual indulgence will be a bit curtailed, but hopefully it means I'll enjoy my one glass of prosecco with a bit of cassis thrown in all the more!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

TG1 wrote: »
    I'm on crutches and very strong painkillers so my usual indulgence will be a bit curtailed, but hopefully it means I'll enjoy my one glass of prosecco with a bit of cassis thrown in all the more!

Hope you're not in pain for too much longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Processco with brunch, wine with dinner, port with cheese and maybe a small baileys at some point. It's my first Christmas in 5 years not being pregnant or breastfeeding so have some time to make up for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Going to copy The Empire Swords Winter Warmer.

Baileys, Tia Maria, Frangelico and hot chocolate with a cream topping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Also, kids are getting me a bottle of Woodford Reserve for Christmas, so Old Fashioned's all round!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Esho

Mount Gay Rum
    Ginger Beer (not ale)
    With ice and lime wedge

Lovely rum - I got a bottle of Appleton Estate for this year, don't think it's quite as nice tho - ice, lime juice and syrup. I'll try the ginger beer this year after reading that.

It'll be Wicklow Wolf IPA for the beers, and a box of oranges for freshly squeezed OJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

I like to buy a nice bottle of whiskey that I haven't previously purchased. Open in Christmas day, my dad and a few friends call throughout the day and we have a few. Last year I bought green spot. This year it's 12 year old Redbreast

Nice.... Nice choices too. I love a good whiskey.

We usually overdose on Gin & Baileys on Christmas day. Lots of prosecco too...

Those of you who drink Gin should check out Dingle Gin. It's sooo good. A few friends of mine who don't even like/drink Gin have tasted this and really like it. It's much smoother than a lot of other Gin's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

HiGlo wrote: »
    Nice.... Nice choices too. I love a good whiskey.

We usually overdose on Gin & Baileys on Christmas day. Lots of prosecco too...

Those of you who drink Gin should check out Dingle Gin. It's sooo good. A few friends of mine who don't even like/drink Gin have tasted this and really like it. It's much smoother than a lot of other Gin's.

Dingle is a fine gin. Love gin but can't drink many, one before dinner is nice as an aperitif. On a night out I might have one or two when I get sick of beer too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Feuerzangenbowle, perfect for a cold day

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Cup of tea is the first thing I have when I get up.

Then we crack open the champagne (we love Monsigny Brut from Aldi...€19.99 and it's absolutely beautiful, way nicer than Moet and champagne experts agreed after a blind-taste test last year).

We'll share the bottle of bubbles and then with dinner, we'll share a bottle of dry white wine.

In the evening I will carry on drinking white wine and my other half will probably have a few Jameson or a few bottles of Heineken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Bailey in my coffee
    Dingle gin as a treat
    Pinot Griogio because I can

Advertisement