Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billing. Incorrect Address.

Options
  • 03-12-2015 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,

If a bill is posted to the wrong address for a number of months would EI grant leeway in negotiating a repayment plan?

Thanks,

D.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi LOSDAVOS,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We can look into this for you if you send us a DM with the following information:
    • your full name
    • your account number
    • the first line of your address
    • your contact number or date of birth
    • confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Lordsnutchi

Hi LOSDAVOS,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We can look into this for you if you send us a DM with the following information:
    • your full name
    • your account number
    • the first line of your address
    • your contact number or date of birth
    • confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Hi Aoife,

I will DM that info now.

I was living in rented accommodation until I bought and moved into my own home in July 2014. I was given meter readings upon sale of the house. Already a registered customer with Electric Ireland I notified them of my new address and gave them the reading. In Sept 2014 I received a photocopied page with my name handwritten on it put through the door from ESB networks notifying me that I would be cut off. So I phoned the no on the piece of paperand re-registered again. I received the contract in the post. I never received any correspondence through the post apart from the contract. last night I received another disconnection notice on a photocopied piece of paper put through my door with my name handwritten on it. I phoned the number on the piece of paper and was put through to ESB networks where I was told that I owed 900 plus euros and I would be disconnected unless I came up with 60% of the bill today. I told the woman on the phone that I never received a bill and she told me that they had posted out bills to me.
    After talking to the customer service agent it became clear that all bills were going to my old address and my current address on the system was incorrect. This doesn't make any sense because the contract was sent to the correct address.

My situation is now that I'm about to be cut off unless I come up with €600 of the 900 today. Can I negotiate a repayment plan?

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi LOSDAVOS,

Thank you for letting us know.

We have received your message and will be in touch as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement