Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Co. Limerick - BBnet, Ripplecom, Permanet, other?

• 03-12-2015 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

I live about 3km outside of Patrickswell/Adare and unfortunately my telephone line only supports 2mb. Too far from the exchange to avail of fibre upgrade. Have been using Vodafone mobile broadband but find my 15gb allowance is gone after 2 weeks if not less.

Have been looking at wireless broadband and the above options of BBnet, Ripplecom and Permanet. Has anybody any experience of these in my area or in general. How reliable are each and realistically what speeds can I expect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Pious14 wrote: »
    I live about 3km outside of Patrickswell/Adare and unfortunately my telephone line only supports 2mb. Too far from the exchange to avail of fibre upgrade. Have been using Vodafone mobile broadband but find my 15gb allowance is gone after 2 weeks if not less.

Have been looking at wireless broadband and the above options of BBnet, Ripplecom and Permanet. Has anybody any experience of these in my area or in general. How reliable are each and realistically what speeds can I expect?

OK, I don't live in your area, I'm in West Limerick, but BBNet are OK - I've used them in the past. You could also look at Nova, who are based in Cork and seem to have a good rep. Again, but don't know if they would 'stretch' as far as you, there's NuWave, based in Bruff. Depends how many hills/trees etc are between you and whoever you pick :-)

Advertisement