Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MPRN Not validate online - New Meter . Cant avail Offer????

Options
  • 03-12-2015 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

I am moving into a new house and planned to take the 65eur offer on electric ireland website.

Called the sales team and they gave the per unit rates etc. Also validated my MPRN number.But said cant give u 65eur offer on phone. Q1) Why? I was ready to take the offer then and there

As suggested logged in web to register myself.Nowhere it showed the per unit rate to me.. only some yearly savings etc etc. So dont know if I am getting the competitive price as promised on call..
    Q2) why no transparency ??

went ahead to register myself. now Electirc Ireland doesn't identify my MPRN!!!! all was good on phone though.  This is a new meter but already registered with electric ireland from Builder.
    Q3) why such a flaw which ur customer support team can see details but not ur website 

Q4) called around closing time and after long wait was told that somebody would contact me.

No call and and u can see things could be resolved at Q1 itself.
    Frustrated such a small thing can waste so much time

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi gogreen81,

Thank you for your interest in registering with Electric Ireland.
    Called the sales team and they gave the per unit rates etc. Also validated my MPRN number.But said cant give u 65eur offer on phone. Q1) Why? I was ready to take the offer then and there
    We have a number of offers available, and all offers are subject to terms and conditions. In this case, the €65 online switching bonus was only available through the website.
    As suggested logged in web to register myself.Nowhere it showed the per unit rate to me.. only some yearly savings etc etc. So dont know if I am getting the competitive price as promised on call..
    Q2) why no transparency ??
    The prices are visible on the website on the switching page. You will need to click on the blue box that says view prices. If you keep scrolling down you can see the breakdown of the prices.

With regard to questions 3 and 4, can you please send us a private message to look into why you have not received a call and why the website did not accept the MPRN?

We require the following information:
    • your full name
    • your account number if you had one in the past
    • your address
    • your contact number
    • your MPRN
    • confirmation you are the intended account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

We regret any inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

Hi gogreen81,

Thank you for your interest in registering with Electric Ireland.

We have a number of offers available, and all offers are subject to terms and conditions. In this case, the €65 online switching bonus was only available through the website.

The prices are visible on the website on the switching page. You will need to click on the blue box that says view prices. If you keep scrolling down you can see the breakdown of the prices.

With regard to questions 3 and 4, can you please send us a private message to look into why you have not received a call and why the website did not accept the MPRN?

We require the following information:
    • your full name
    • your account number if you had one in the past
    • your address
    • your contact number
    • your MPRN
    • confirmation you are the intended account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

We regret any inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Hi Aoife
    Sending you the pm with all details as requested. The rates on the site are bit higher than what I was told . I will anyways discuss once I get a call
    Rgdds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi gogreen81,

We have now received your private message.

We will look into your query as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement