Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best roaming charges for the USA?

Options
  • 03-12-2015 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

Going to the USA for a few weeks. Long enough that I may just port my number over to whoever provides the best roaming rates, pay as you go. Anyone know who that might be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Get a sim over there? Has to be the cheapest option...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

Get a sim over there? Has to be the cheapest option...

Definitely the cheapest option I'd imagine! But I was hoping to be able to use my current number over there in case anyone back home needs to contact me. I believe networks charge for receiving calls over there too? At least mine seems to do (48 months). So i'm just trying to find the cheapest option for receiving calls on my current number.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Nichard Dixon

Vodafone Red €2.99/day, on any day you actually use it.
    Get unlimited calls and texts home and within the country you're visiting, meaning you can keep updated with all the news from home.
    With 200MB of data you can use your phone like at home to search for things to do and places to go, or to post and share online.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Vodafone Red €2.99/day, on any day you actually use it.
    Get unlimited calls and texts home and within the country you're visiting, meaning you can keep updated with all the news from home.
    With 200MB of data you can use your phone like at home to search for things to do and places to go, or to post and share online.
    Is that not the price for roaming in Europe, I thought in America it was €4.99/day

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Nichard Dixon

Is that not the price for roaming in Europe, I thought in America it was €4.99/day

It is the price for Europe and USA & Canada. The rest of the world is €4.99.
    Given that the US charges are not regulated this is reasonable value.
    http://www.vodafone.ie/roaming/red-roaming/

Vodafone think it appropriate to charge less for someone travelling between Boston and Montreal than between Dundalk and Newry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Sorry if im late but ever consider getting a three uk sim card and using the three like home on it? Three ireland doesn't have the three like home in the us.

Order it on amazon and top up online (Think its £15)

Advertisement