Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it too late to plant Tulips?

Options
  • 04-12-2015 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

My wife bought a bag of Tulip bulbs back in October but she never planted them.....considering the reasonably mild yet wet weather could we still plant them successfully say this weekend?.....or is it gone too late in the year?

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 marask

Last winter I planted mine - and all the other bulbs (daffodils, snowdrops, crocuses etc.) on the last weekend of January, and they grew and bloomed, late but they did :).. snowdrops were blooming in april :)
    So go on and plant them now, or later :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Well as some tv gardener said, they won't grow if they are left in the bag! Actually they will, a bit, but you will not get a nice show of flowers :) Plant them!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LurkerNo1

No rush, i usually don't plant mine until Christmas, they will flower fine just know they need good drainage and full sun to do their best.

Advertisement