Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding the right wire.

Options
  • 04-12-2015 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭

I fitted these binding posts for surround sound in my living room when my house was being built 8 years ago . They lead to each corner of the room where a speaker is fitted.

I have upgraded my surround system and speakers and intend to fit everything soon.
    The quality speakers I have purchased require the correct polarity as in black and red on the amp must go to black and red in the speakers.

How do I find which wire is which ? I have an electrical tester that tests continuity but don't how to use it to find wires. Any suggestions welcomed?

One more thing. Is there a way to tidy up where the wire exits the plaster? As in a fitting or grommet of some sort?

P1010962.jpg

P1010963.jpg

Comments

Advertisement