Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre installation Naas

Options
  • 04-12-2015 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I don't have any eir services at the moment but a guy called to my door this evening saying they will be pulling fibre to all the homes on the street. If they want it.
    Was told to register on the spot and sign up or if I want it in the future it'll cost me big money to get the fibre pulled in future.
    I was not given the option to call in a few days when I had read up on offers.

I don't appreciate this approach in bullying people into signing up to you. As it stands 240mb from virgin is perfect for me but I didn't think you were trying to compete with them on customer service too.
    It's not fair on the people who are not tech savy that will suffer here and think they will be left in the stone age.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

gar wrote: »
    Hi,

I don't have any eir services at the moment but a guy called to my door this evening saying they will be pulling fibre to all the homes on the street. If they want it.
    Was told to register on the spot and sign up or if I want it in the future it'll cost me big money to get the fibre pulled in future.
    I was not given the option to call in a few days when I had read up on offers.

I don't appreciate this approach in bullying people into signing up to you. As it stands 240mb from virgin is perfect for me but I didn't think you were trying to compete with them on customer service too.
    It's not fair on the people who are not tech savy that will suffer here and think they will be left in the stone age.
    I'm really sorry to hear this gar

That does indeed sound quite pushy and inaccurate. Please PM me your area & address and I will escalate this to the management to have this looked in to internally.

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement