Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay are superbowl half time act

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

If i could ever remember half time, I'd be disappointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

gotta be as vanilla as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I secretly like Coldplay but they are not Superbowl HT material. Katie Perry, Bruno Mars, Taylor Swift etc are entertainers and are perfect for all the family to gather round to watch HT. But Coldplay, nah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

I secretly like Coldplay but they are not Superbowl HT material. Katie Perry, Bruno Mars, Taylor Swift etc are entertainers and are perfect for all the family to gather round to watch HT. But Coldplay, nah.

You named 4 acts there and only one have talent. The talented ones have been chosen.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

Coldplay, they peaked too early with Yellow, it's all been downhill ever since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

coldplay are the main act - cos its SB50 there will be loads of previous preformers at it to - or so i heard on a podcast! So dont just expect coldplay - just hope that bruno mars is 500 miles away from the stadium.... hate that guy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

coldplay are the main act - cos its SB50 there will be loads of previous preformers at it to - or so i heard on a podcast! So dont just expect coldplay - just hope that bruno mars is 500 miles away from the stadium.... hate that guy!

If there are going to be loads of performers as you say I may as well take a nap during the half time, it could last hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,899 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Coldplay are a good pick. As we all know that means they are the headline with at least a few guest acts and I think it will be pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I may as well take a nap during the half time
    That's what I usually do. No interest in HT show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Why Coldplay, of all bands Coldplay was the best the NFL could do, should've been Coldplay doing ''The Night Before'' & Metallica given the half time slot, seeing as Superbowl 50 is right in their back yard so to speak..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Boredom incarnate. They'll settle any rowdy fans into a nice HT snooze. Good excuse to fix a snack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

The best elevator rock band in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Lirange

Meh. Sometimes they get a band with a broad and/or timeless appeal. This isn't one of those times. :p Still, even with the most popular selections they'll never please everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Metallica and Green Day together (not at the same time obviously) would've been the perfect HT show, both bands started out in the Bay Area and are huge names in the US. Coldplay is an odd and disappointing decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

They want a band that will appeal to non-football fans to maximise viewing figures. Coldplay will do that. They don't care what football fans want to see as they'll watch the game regardless of who's playing. That's why I think we've seen the last of the likes of Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen etc. and why in recent years it's gotten distinctly more mainstream pop. The networks have a bigger say in who the half time act is than anyone.

Any 4 songs in Metallica's back catalogue easily TRUMPS any of Coldplay's material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Musical taste like humour, is completely subjective to the individual. But I couldn't careless if Metallica or Cold Play headlines the show, because I'm a fan of both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Metallica would have been class. Would have seriously lifted the roof off the place and I'm sure add to the atmosphere.

I don't like Coldplay but they do seem to put on a decent live show in fairness to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

They could just give everyone a ****ing ambien. I'm just glad Kurt Cobain is dead so he can't do it and ruin my childhood.

• Advertisement

Shania Twain and Phil Collins have played in the past.

So continuing a healthy tradition of bland, inane, MTV friendly pap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Should be Dropkick Murphys playing on the Pats to victory. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

And I've changed my mind from Metallica now. This, please. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Could be a handy opportunity for a quick nap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

Personally, I think it should be an American band/Artist. Any of them.

Break out out ZZ Top or Van Halen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

There are is a better chance of Scot Wieland coming back for the dead and Stone Temple Pilots playing than Rodger Oking a band from Boston.

OU812 wrote: »
    Personally, I think it should be an American band/Artist. Any of them.

Break out out ZZ Top or Van Halen

Uh Metallica are American :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Uh Metallica are American :pac:

Coldplay aren't.

Advertisement