Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telltale Games Batman

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Wasn't aware of THIS Batman game...from Rocksteady...sounds amazing !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

J. Marston wrote: »
    He's in everything. Obviously very good at his job but you'd get tired of hearing his voice in nearly every game.

Would you though? I know he's been in a lot of games but he has a wide enough range and utilises it enough that I rarely think "That's Troy Baker."

From Joel (The Last of Us) to Rhys (Tales From The Borderlands) to Joker (Arkham Origins)... I never tire of hearing his voice because I never think of it as being his voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Links234 wrote: »
    Ugh... :mad: Literally unplayable now!

Kind of in agreement here, he is in too much now and you know its him nearly straight away.

Same with Nolan North, but Baker seems to be doing way more than him now, Baker must be cheaper!!! :pac:

Telltale missed out here on not getting the cast of the animated series involved, instead we are going to get people doing impressions of them, like in Batman Arkham Origins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Well I'm not entirely serious about it being unplayable, and when Baker's good, he's very good. It's just that he's become very workmanlike in his delivery, and its not that he's in everything now that's the problem, it's that he obviously hasn't been putting in as much of an effort and he comes off as bland. He wasn't bad in Tales from the Borderlands, but he managed to suck all the life out of Ocelot in MGSV, which to be fair the writing already let that character down, but Jesus was his delivery bland and monotonous.

He's kinda like Edward Norton, where early roles like Primal Fear and American History X were incredible, but then he started phoning it in to the point where it's utterly forgettable.

I don't really think the game is unplayable now, but I gotta agree, Telltale missed a huge opportunity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Never really played a telltale game apart from about an hour of one of the walking dead ones. Hopefully this is decent

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

A month after episode 1 releases, there will be a physical disc release containing ep 1 and will come with access to the rest of the eps as they release. I can only imagine it comes with a season pass dlc code but then what's the point in the disc?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,893 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    A month after episode 1 releases, there will be a physical disc release containing ep 1 and will come with access to the rest of the eps as they release. I can only imagine it comes with a season pass dlc code but then what's the point in the disc?

For people who want the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Keep telling myself I'm not gonna buy any more TT games episode-by-episode, but yeah... I want this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The art style is excellent. I haven't bought a TT game since Walking Dead season 2 but will definitely be getting this day 1.

August 2nd release.

EDIT: So is this based on Miller's Batman : Year One? Looks like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Looks good, reminds me I need to finish Tales from Borderlands....as well as start it :D

I'm gonna have to get my eyes checked or watch that trailer again cause that just looked (and sounded) like a standard bland TellTale, nothing special there at all, like no Mr Freeze, nothing.

And looks like the same old engine that is gonna stutter like mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yep, looks just like other TT games. Wasn't there something a while back saying the art style would be based on actual artists from the comics? Seem to remember Jim Lee being mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

If you preorder the season pass on the US or Canadian Store , you get The Wolf Among Us for Free.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Seem to remember Jim Lee being mentioned.

It doesn't look remotely like anything Jim Lee.

... there's nothing all that special about this.

Looks like the same game engine (?), same story, with those fight scenes being quick time events, I just know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I don't know what it is some of you are expecting. Of course it looks like pretty much every other Telltale game. The story, above all else, is what matters. Whether or not it's good can't be determined from the trailer.

Hell their Game of Thrones story looked different because it used a different art style and it was probably the worst Telltale game I played. I'm sure when they said it'll have a Jim Lee influence they meant in terms of general character design, not the whole art style of the game.

For this type of game, the story is what matters most. Yes, it'll be the same QTE action, choices which aren't really choices and interactive bits that don't really matter, but when Telltale nail that formula, they produce a fantastic gaming experience. Hopefully they can do the same with this.

Penn wrote: »
    I don't know what it is some of you are expecting. Of course it looks like pretty much every other Telltale game. The story, above all else, is what matters. Whether or not it's good can't be determined from the trailer.

Hell their Game of Thrones story looked different because it used a different art style and it was probably the worst Telltale game I played. I'm sure when they said it'll have a Jim Lee influence they meant in terms of general character design, not the whole art style of the game.

For this type of game, the story is what matters most. Yes, it'll be the same QTE action, choices which aren't really choices and interactive bits that don't really matter, but when Telltale nail that formula, they produce a fantastic gaming experience. Hopefully they can do the same with this.

I completely agree, a good story is always king with these but at this point with TT I'd be happier just to sit there and not have to press any buttons. Choice in their games is there purely to make a game of it I think and it rarely matters in a meaningful way what you choose.

I'm not sure what I'd like them to do to freshen it up but I want them to do something new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    It doesn't look remotely like anything Jim Lee.

That's the point I was making.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    That's the point I was making.

I know, I was agreeing with ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Yea I'm the slightest bit skeptical of this game as well. Doesn't look like its going to be doing anything particularly special with the franchise that we haven't seen before. Holding out more hope for The Walking Dead season 3. That looks far more promising, looking at those new screenshot's and the E3 trailer.

Edit: Anyone know when it will be up on the store. Checked the US store this morning and its priced at $22 or something like that plus TWAU as a free download.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Batman - The Telltale Series will have online multiplayer that makes sense

This sounds good, I played through both TWD seasons with my OH and others at times and we always said it'd be cool to have a jackbox-type feature where you could vote which way to answer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Have they announced a time frame for the release of each episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Oz looks like the younger hipster brother of yer man from Wolf Among Us

I literally played this for 2 minutes and it's already annoying me, on the Xbox version at least some of the detail on the buildings and floors etc has this really annoying and distracting flicker almost like what I'd call jaggies but not if that makes sense. Waiting for my video to upload so I can show it. AA maybe?

Audio drop out too during an early fight, the sounds from hit landing gone ...... wait for a patch I think. They are not game breakers but annoy and distract.

EDIT: Ah here ffs visually this is a real mess, that weird blur at the party in wayne manor ??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I literally played this for 2 minutes and it's already annoying me, on the Xbox version at least some of the detail on the buildings and floors etc has this really annoying and distracting flicker almost like what I'd call jaggies but not if that makes sense. Waiting for my video to upload so I can show it. AA maybe?

Audio drop out too during an early fight, the sounds from hit landing gone ...... wait for a patch I think. They are not game breakers but annoy and distract.

EDIT: Ah here ffs visually this is a real mess, that weird blur at the party in wayne manor ??????

Sounds like you're having a bad day lad. Have some Ovaltine and an early night.

Advertisement