Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telltale Games Batman

Options

Comments

Sounds like you're having a bad day lad. Have some Ovaltine and an early night.

Whats the Ovaltine equivalent of eye drops :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Well just checked the reviews on STEAM, the first 10 or so are Negative ! :o
    Has a "Mixed" rating, which doesn't bode well..and I won't be buying until I hear there's some sort of drastic improvement to the problems everyone are complaining about.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,893 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Sounds like you're having a bad day lad. Have some Ovaltine and an early night.

Be careful, all it takes is one bad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

SeantheMan wrote: »

More like this guy

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Anyone play the first episode?
    Only bought the one episode as I regretted buying the season of Game of Thrones at launch.
    Found the windows for the QTE to be a lot shorter this time round. It didn't really affect the game play though as it's all about building up your meter & I didn't get punished for pressing X instead of O.
    Only played through it once, I refused Falcone's handshake & I didn't look at the text during the press conference so I'm not sure if I was pally with Carmine I avoided much. The highlight of the episode was predictably the crime scene reconstruction. The story is different & there is a lot of weird decisions. Think Troy Baker is a poor choice & the writing was weak when it only needed to be clever & concise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

ERG89 wrote: »
    Anyone play the first episode?

Yeah played it, found it different to other TellTale games. Agree with the
    crime scene reconstruction also liked how you planned your attack at Falcone's place

Story wise it really didn't grab me at all but there are enough threads dangling to keep my interest for now. It certainly felt more of a game than the others which was a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Just finished the first episode there. Enjoyed it despite its flaws which I mainly attributed to the buggy engine. I thought the story was fine and actually wasn't bothered by Baker at all, he was grand.

The crime scene stuff is cool, like a mix between the arkham games and LA Noire. Thought the voice acting for Cobblepot was godawful.

Got really annoyed that it didn't let me see how my choices compare to other players at the end of the episode, all because I don't have a TT account, fcuk sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I can see Oz becoming annoying with all his "We're the 99%" stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if he does the speech Bane out the prison in Dark Knight Rises.

• Advertisement

Just finished the first episode there. Enjoyed it despite its flaws which I mainly attributed to the buggy engine. I thought the story was fine and actually wasn't bothered by Baker at all, he was grand.

The crime scene stuff is cool, like a mix between the arkham games and LA Noire. Thought the voice acting for Cobblepot was godawful.

Got really annoyed that it didn't let me see how my choices compare to other players at the end of the episode, all because I don't have a TT account, fcuk sake!

I get why people don't like to hear Baker as he is way over used in games, but here it made 100% sense to me, he's the voice of Batman to most people who've played the Arkham games. Laura Bailey is his female equivalent in the industry but she really does sound the same in most of her stuff and playing this eyes closed there's no mistake it's her.

I get why people don't like to hear Baker as he is way over used in games, but here it made 100% sense to me, he's the voice of Batman to most people who've played the Arkham games. Laura Bailey is his female equivalent in the industry but she really does sound the same in most of her stuff and playing this eyes closed there's no mistake it's her.

Kevin Conroy does the voice of Batman in the arkham games, except in Origins but that isn't Baker either. He did the lego games iirc. Biggest problem is he sounds too much like Rhys from Tales of the Borderlands, not expecting him to sound completely different but it's a different style of character altogether.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Kevin Conroy does the voice of Batman in the arkham games, except in Origins but that isn't Baker either. He did the lego games iirc. Biggest problem is he sounds too much like Rhys from Tales of the Borderlands, not expecting him to sound completely different but it's a different style of character altogether.

Oh your right, Baker did Robin and some others across those didn't here.

It was grand - but some sore points for me, such as Harvey Dent being quite happy to do business with the mob for votes. that not the Harvey Dent I believe in!

I am looking forward to the following episodes, so see where the story goes.

One issue that comes to mind is conversation options. Found it suffered from the same issue as Mass Effect, for example, where the tone and exact nature of the response doesn't match what I thought it would be based on the option - so I ended up being a dick a few times without meaning to. One particular one where I told Selina that, basically, I was batman cause I could be - for sh1ts and giggles. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I remember having an issue like that in ME2, where the conversation option was like "Yeah Miranda, that's fine" and I selected it and the Dialogue was like "Yeah, well I guess I'll get in your pants after this mission, it's all fine"

:/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Episode 2, titled "Children of Arkham," will arrive on September 20

http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/2/12769474/batman-the-telltale-series-episode-two-release-date

Second episode came out this week, I am buying it one episode at a time but I don't know if I'll buy episode 2 now.
    Anyone play it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any release schedule for when each episode is released?

Anyone else having a problem with the season pass on ps4?

I have it bought but when I load up the game it only gives me the option to purchase the season pass or episode two individually. When I click to purchase the season pass it brings me to the psn store and shows the season pass as being installed. I tried restoring the licenses on great consild and no change.

Game runs so badly, I stayed away from the PC version because I read about issues.
    Got it on PS3 last night.

Sooooo slow, stuttery...it eventually got stuck/crashed....had to hard boot the PS3. What an awful attempt at optimisation.

• Advertisement

• Honest question? Isn't this Telltale formula for a "game" going stale at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Honest question? Isn't this Telltale formula for a "game" going stale at this stage?

Honest answer, if stale was last year, I don't know what it is at this stage.

As big of a Batman fan as I am, I couldn't suffer playing another game on this engine and with the Telltale formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Honest question? Isn't this Telltale formula for a "game" going stale at this stage?

Game of Thrones was a the real straw that broke the camels back IMHO. Utter garbage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Played through the first two episodes of this last week. I was very skeptical, but have to say I'm really enjoying it so far. My only major gripe is that sometimes when you make a carefully considered choice, the tone of the following dialog is completely different to the measured response you were expecting, and Batman goes "I know you are, but what am I?" or something to that effect.

But apart from that, all good. Love the art style, and the story has really grabbed me. Playing on PS4 and have been pleasantly surprised at how well it runs.

Disclaimer: I'm a sucker for anything Batman-related, and I haven't played a Telltale game since the first season of The Walking Dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cormac... wrote: »
    Game of Thrones was a the real straw that broke the camels back IMHO. Utter garbage

In fairness, I think that was more down to Game of Thrones than anything else. It was boring, bland, and as "illusion of choice" as Telltale Games normally are, it was by far the worst offender.

Tales From the Borderlands was being released along with Game of Thrones and it was one of the best Telltale Games because they used the formula in different ways and took more chances with it.

Haven't played Batman yet but GoT and TftB showed it's not just the Telltale formula, it's how it's used that matters.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

As with any Telltale game, i'll wait till all the episodes are released before i even consider getting this. I can't even do week by week tv shows these days, so good luck with waiting months between episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Finished the 2nd episode last night and thought it was great.
    The bar fight
    was fantastic i thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Finished the 2nd episode last night and thought it was great.
    The bar fight
    was fantastic i thought.

In an otherwise good episode. I found that part was a letdown. Just seemed a bit cringey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

In an otherwise good episode. I found that part was a letdown. Just seemed a bit cringey.

I think it was the background music that made me enjoy it. Went well together i thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Penn wrote: »
    Tales From the Borderlands was being released along with Game of Thrones and it was one of the best Telltale Games because they used the formula in different ways and took more chances with it.

"The Wolf Among Us" was the best use of their game style to date I thought, with TWD season 1 being the best story telling (all the feels!). Only played the first episode of Batman so far, but I liked it.

Advertisement